Chapter 68

I nodded, "I suppose so, we don't drink often, and we've recently started having a beer with dinner," I commented, trying to kiss his cheek.
Daniel chuckled slightly, a tired smile on his face. I couldn't imagine what was going through his head. The only thing I know is that he was happy.

_______________________________

That afternoon after eating an early dinner I managed to find a dress that I could wear. It was emerald-coloured silk or satin material and had a low back, reaching just below my shoulder blades. It was buttoned up and reached mid-shins, the waistline was on my hips, reminding me of the '20s, along with the slim fit. The front dipped a little, but it didn't expose anything.

"Daniel, can you button the back of my dress?" I asked after managing to do some of the buttons to my lower back.
Daniel had a smirk playing on his lips, "Don't you look nice?" he grinned, cupping my face.
We quickly connected our lips, shivering at his fingers touching my back. Daniel pulled back, he spun me around in a dance motion before buttoning my dress, brushing my hair to the said, kissing my neck, and slowly making his way lower down my back. 

He made his way back up and had his hands on my hips, turning me around, "You don't often wear things like this," he commented.
I looked down slightly, "Does this not look good?" I asked.
Daniel chuckled, "No, it looks lovely, it just doesn't seem like you, you've always been modest in your clothing, so an open back isn't like you," Daniel commented. Daniel used his finger to tilt my chin up, "I also remember how when we met you had kept pulling your dress's neckline up as if it was uncomfortable," Daniel added, kissing me quickly.

I pulled back, "You need to finish getting changed, and I still need to get ready," I muttered.
Daniel chuckled and continued to button his suit. It wasn't anything fancy since it was only a bar, so it only had to be nice.

I helped him with his tie and suit. We went to the bathroom and I put on the pearl necklace Alfred had brought for my 'birthday' in 1933. I put on my screw-on earrings and my go-to cosmetic look.

Daniel was fixing his hair before he picked up my hairbrush and comb. He started to brush my hair, "Is there anything you want me to do with your hair?" he asked.
I had finished my cosmetics and shook my head, "I'll have my hair curled, I'll do it myself," I said, reaching for some rolls.

I started to roll my hair, glad that I slept with my hair in braids and curled my hair last night, hopefully the curls can last.
After a minute we were about to leave, I removed the rolls and was glad with the results.

Daniel had his arms around me, kissing my neck, sucking on it slightly, "Daniel Cohen!" I said sternly.
I heard Daniel chuckle, "What?" he sulked.
I shook my head, turning around, wrapping my arms around his neck, "It doesn't matter, let us go," I grinned. 

I got my bag and Daniel got his wallet, I gave him a look and I grabbed my purse, earning a look from my fiancé. We went downstairs and saw Alfred, "Are you two ready to go?" He asked.

I nodded and we sat in the automobile, Alfred driving us to a nearby bar. "Now, you two be safe, don't start a fight, don't speak German, don't do something you regret," he said letting us out.

Daniel got out, walking to my side to open the door and hold my hand as I stepped out. I held his hand, "I'll pick you two up at 10:30," he said before driving off.

Daniel grinned, linking our arms as we entered the pub. We managed to get a corner booth. We sat down and ordered a pint of beer for each of us. We started to drink slowly to avoid getting drunk too fast.

We heard swing and jazz playing as we talked. We continued to drink for an hour, having a couple of beers and a glass of champagne. Daniel had moved next to me, having his arm around me and I could smell the alcohol on his breath, "Can we have another drink?" he asked.
I shook my head, "No," I laughed, but he stood up and started to stumble towards the counter.