Chapter 44

Daniel sighed and let me go and I started to make lunch. I started to make a simple potato salad. After about 20 minutes I finished making lunch and put it on the table. We ate, making small talk.

_____________________________

July 12th

I woke up to Daniel's arms around me. I turned around and looked up to see Daniel looking at me with a smile. Daniel cupped my face and connected our lips. I pulled back and looked at him, "Good morning," he said.
I nodded and stretched "Good morning."

Daniel sat up, and I decided to follow suit. I had just started to get changed when Daniel wrapped his arms around me, "Daniel, what on earth are you doing!?" I exclaimed. Daniel chuckled and kissed there my neck and shoulder met, started to softly suck on the flesh there. "Daniel, it's summer!" I gasped.

Daniel just kissed the skin there, "Sorry, I suppose it was a little cruel of me, but I love you," Daniel muttered, grabbing my left hand and inspecting the ring on my finger. He laced our fingers together and kissed the ring.
I laughed slightly, such a small act, but it had much meaning and was, personally, romantic.

I turned around and kissed him, wrapping my arms around his neck, fiddling with the brown locks of hair between my fingers. I felt Daniel placing his hands on the small of my back, pulling me close.
Daniel softly bit on my bottom lip before pulling back, "Don't you think it's a little too early for this?" he asked.

I shook my head, "It is, but you started it, Herr Daniel Cohen," I teased.
Daniel looked at me in surprise, "Been a while since I've heard that, Fräulein Gretchen Müller-Whitestone," Daniel joked back.

"Now, it's time we get changed," I said sternly. Daniel nodded and did as I said. I quickly glanced at my reflection and saw some red forming where he had sucked at the junction of my neck and shoulders, I knew there was going to be a love bite there for the next couple of days.
We quickly got changed and went downstairs.
I started to cook breakfast, feeling Daniel's eyes staring into my back. I brought the baked beans on toast (apparently it's a very English breakfast) I sat down and Daniel spoke, "Gretchen, I've got a small question," he said, getting my attention.

I nodded, "Sure, what is it?" I asked him, letting him ask whatever question he had.
I nodded, but he's ears were red, "I know it's such a silly question, and one I should already know the answer to, however, we haven't done anything like this in the past," he started, spiking my interest, "What would you rather for a date..." he continued, embarrassed, "Have a nice dinner here at home, which you didn't have to make, or have a picnic at Shepherdess Park?" he asked.

I raised an eyebrow, "Well, if I had to answer..." I said in thought, trying to picture both scenarios, we have picnics often enough, but a dinner here? That would be Daniel and I either sitting across from each other, or how we are now, but maybe more romantic, in some way, maybe candle lit, or nice treat of a meal, or something else completely? "I think I'll take you up on a dinner here, we have picnics at the park often enough, and it would be nice not to make dinner," I said at last.

Daniel nodded. I heard Hunter meow and saw him walk towards us, I pushed my chair out and tapped my lap, Hunter jumped up and ran into my stomach before settling down on my lap, "Daniel, can you please do the dishes?" I requested, petting Hunter who had already curled up and was purring.

Daniel chuckled and grabbed my dishes, "You didn't have to ask," he commented, quickly kissing my forehead. I watched Daniel wash the dishes, no matter how many times I've seen him do so, it brings a smile to my face, as I grew up in a household where women have to do all the house chores. I've been told that I'm meant to be a tonic, a pleasure, not an 'unwelcome challenge', or an opponent. I'm meant to serve the man of the house, or men who live there.
Daniel must've felt my gaze since he turned around and shot me a smirk.