Chapter 10

I rested my head on Daniel chest, listening to the steady beating of his heart, and his steady breathing. He held me in his arms, and I felt safe, something which I never felt when I was young.

_________________________

(I'm just going to say I've literally looked at the calander of 1933, so I've checked dates, so this chapter is conforming the dates, since I messed up in the past chapters, it took my so long to realize my mistake, like chapter 7 or 8)

I woke up and looked towards Daniel, he was still asleep, I kissed him quickly before I changed and went into kitchen. I started to make breakfast, when I finished cooking breakfast, I placed it down with cutlery before going back to Daniel, he still seemed to be asleep.

I walked over to him and lightly shook him awake. He shot up, looking startled "Sorry, I just didn't want to breakfast to get cold or anything" I said, standing up.
"It's fine" he said, standing up and got clothes to get changed. I went out of the room, giving him some privacy. I sat at the table and waited for him to come to the table.

Once we both sat down and ate dinner "Correct me if I'm wrong, but today is the 17th?" he asked, I stilled, but nodded.
"It is..." I trailed, knowing what he was going to say.
"So, what do you want to tomorrow?" He asked, I placed my hand on my head.

"I have nothing planned, and please don't bother getting me a gift, you got me one last week or something like that" I said.
Daniel chuckled lightly "I got the message" he said. We finished eating and he grabbed our plates started washing the dishes. I looked at the time, it was 8:00.
"When are you leaving for work? If you leave now, you'll be 20 minutes early, but if you leave at 9, you'll be late" I explained.

"I'll leave in 15 minutes" Daniel sighed, he went into the bathroom and came out shortly later "I'll see you later, maybe pinpoint the things we'll get and tell me this afternoon" he said before quickly kissing me and leaving for work.

I looked at the time and cleaned the house, despite Daniels comment from a few days ago.

Once I cleaned the full apartment, I looked at the time, it was 11, so maybe if I leave now, I can meet up with Daniel, I thought about calling him, after a few seconds of thought I decided I would.

I called the Times and waited for answer, I heard the voice speak "Hello, I'm Samantha from the Times London, how may I help you?"
I took a shaky breath "Hello, um, is Daniel Schröder available?" I asked.
"Oh, I'll check, I will be back in a second" the women said.
A few moments later I heard the line get picked up "Daniel Schröder speaking" I heard Daniel's voice say.
"Hello Daniel, I hope I didn't disturb-" he cut me off.
"Don't worry Gretchen, you didn't" he said.
"Thank goodness. I was wondering if you want to go out of lunch on your break. I would get there around 10 minutes after your break starts if I leave now, I just want to see if I can" I said, feeling myself stubble on my words.

I heard Daniels laugh through the line "It's fine, I'll see in 40?" He confirmed.
"Yes, see you then, goodbye" I said.
"See you then, goodbye." Daniel said with a smile in his voice, before placing the telephone down.

I then made my way to the Times. After about a 40-minute walk I finally got there. I saw Daniel leaning on a pillar outside "where do you want to go for luncheon?" He asked, pushing himself off it.

"I don't really know, any cheap place would work" I said, Daniel nodded. We laced our figures together was we walked to a small café.

We sat at a small table and ordered some food. "Do you want anything for your birthday?" Daniel asked me.
I shook my head "No, especially given how tight we have to be with money now, after all, we just moved here, and there is so much money we have that can't be spent freely given bills, food, furniture and other appliances" I reasoned.