Chapter Two.

"Leave it to (Y/n) to be the most unusual person I know," a voice called from just out of (Y/n)'s sight due to (Y/n)'s hood being up. Confused about who was paying her a visit, she leaned to her left, finding Cedric Diggory, smiling in amusement. "I mean, here you are working on a light green car... And, uh, the heart-shaped thingy?"

"Hello to you too," (Y/n) snarked. "And the 'heart-shaped thingy' is called a muffler."

"Forgive me," Cedric said sarcastically and (Y/n) grinned. "This wasn't stolen, was it?"

"What makes you say that? You think I am a thief?" (Y/n) asked, narrowing her eyes.

"That's not it," Cedric said, looking panicked. "I just don't think you're old enough to purchase a car!"

"You are right," (Y/n) confirmed.  "Olivia's given me her old car if I can get it fixed up... She has been kind enough to get a tell about what needs to be fixed and if it needs to be fixed anyway, why not make it pretty?" Cedric grinned.

"You remembered how to fix cars but not cast spells?"

"I have a manual," (Y/n) said, holding up her book. "Bill and Fleur were a big help when I needed to go to Grincketts and change coins out for Pounds."

"Gringotts?" Cedric corrected. "Gricketts," he chuckled under his breath.

"Same difference," (Y/n) said dismissively. Cedric smiled and shook his head.

"Well, whenever you get bored, we can practice flying," Cedric said. (Y/n) froze.

"You— you were not joking? Flying is actually a requirement?"

"Why would you think I was lying?" Cedric asked, slowly, briefly looking off into the distance and narrowing his eyes.

"Well— I mean— It is just a bit of a TV stereotype that witches are green with warts and fly around on broomsticks," (Y/n) stated.

"You've just described a hag—" Cedric stared at (Y/n) in alarm over the loud gasp she let out.

"Cedric!" (Y/n) exclaimed scoldingly. "You cannot just call a lady a hag!"

"That isn't what I— Hags are a race, (Y/n)," Cedric grinned. "Like witches and wizards, centaurs, house-elves, you know— races." (Y/n) squinted suspiciously at him. "I'm being serious! Look, we'll learn all about the kinds of magical races up in the air, yeah? You held off your first flying test as long as possible so maybe talking will keep your mind off it..."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"It means you don't shut up once you get going," Cedric said, beaming. "It's cute," he added quickly as (Y/n)'s face grew warm and her jaw dropped.

"Say, what are you doing here?" (Y/n) asked.

"Oh, I wanted to see you before dinner tonight," Cedric said.

"Dinner?" (Y/n) asked.

"Yes! Mr. Weasley got a promotion and there's a dinner to celebrate it," Cedric said. "All the wizarding families in the area were invited... and more, I assume."

"How many are there?" (Y/n) asked.

"Just four," Cedric said.

"Yours, mine, the Weasleys, and..."

"The Fawcetts," Cedric finished. "I'm surprised you didn't know..."

"Me too!" (Y/n) exclaimed. "Two events I have been told the day of!.. Do you think Mrs. Weasley will need any help?"

"I doubt she'd accept any help," Cedric said.

"Oh," (Y/n) frowned.

"Come on, let's go practice flying."