Chapter Twenty-One.

"A Slytherin party?" Cho repeated. "(Y/n), you can't wear that to one of those..."

"Why not?" (Y/n) blinked, peering down at her patterned cropped tie-top and wide-legged pants as though expecting to find something wrong with what she thought was an average party outfit.

"Well, think of what Slytherin is full of," Cho said.

"Other than themselves, you mean," Marietta snickered. Cho briefly grinned but (Y/n) frowned.

"Anyways," Cho continued. "Purebloods and Half-bloods. Wizarding kind. You can't wear clothes you'd wear to a Muggle party. I mean, their parties are full of... ballroom dancing and music by Wizards."

"What are you suggesting, then?" (Y/n) asked. Cho strode right over to (Y/n)'s wardrobe, threw open the doors and started flipping through (Y/n)'s clothing. Marietta and (Y/n) merely watched, patiently waiting.

"What about this? This one's cute..." Cho said, holding up a beige dress that had beaded embroidery and pearls that would, based on the length, reach just above (Y/n)'s knees. "You don't want much colour at Slytherin parties."

"Wouldn't a darker colour be better?" Marietta asked. Cho turned, once again flipping through (Y/n)'s closet.

"There's this grey one..." Cho said, pulling out a grey satin dress and showing it to the girls. "It's a hit shorter, though..." Marietta shrugged.

"Most of their parties eventually morph away from just ballroom dances," Marietta said.

"True," Cho agreed. "But Wizarding music is never really something to rave to, is it?" she laughed. "I think this grey one will be your best bet, (Y/n)..."

"No colour?" (Y/n) frowned.

"Your makeup's already colourful," Cho said. "Shimmery, at least, I meant..." (Y/n) huffed, reluctantly accepting the dress as Cho returned the beige one to (Y/n)'s closet. (Y/n) changed her original outfit out for the grey satin dress, which was considered a cocktail dress. One of the sides of the skirt had a slit and was ruched. She then regretfully changed her jellyfish earrings out for simple pearl raindrop-styled ones. Cho then offered (Y/n) a blue caplet that (Y/n) got on with a pair of blue low heels which she vaguely remembered adding lace and a pendant to. Finally, she grabbed a pearl chocked with red gems meant to replicate splatters of blood. She got it on as she joined the other girls in the middle of the room. Cho beamed at her, looking like an awfully proud mother.
"You wore that in our third year, if I remember correctly... I think you were being a '50s housewife because you had a Death Day party to attend or something like that," Cho rambled. "Anyways... Don't be out too late," she said, following (Y/n) and Marietta out of the room and down to the common room.

"And don't get jinxed," Marietta added.

"There is no way that will happen," (Y/n) said with such confidence that Marietta and Cho almost believed (Y/n) had no chance of getting hexed.

"Not without consequences, you mean," Cho said. "I know quite a few good jinxes learned last year." She held her wand up menacingly, pulling a grin from (Y/n).

"Careful, Cho, with your height, it's one wrong move and suddenly you're claiming 'It's just a joke, it's just a joke!'" Marietta said.

"Hey!" Cho seethed. "I thought you were above those jokes, Mari..." The pair remained in the centre of the common room, leaving (Y/n) to head down a narrow hall and to the door by herself. Just before she went down said hallway, (Y/n) turned to look at her friends, who stood near the large statue of Helena Ravenclaw and beneath one of the planets that hung from the spiral staircase. She waved her fingers and set off.