Chapter Twelve.

"(Y/n), has it ever occurred to you that you are employed by vampires?" Arthur asked warily as (Y/n) closed shop.

"What, just because they always look lifeless? You should know better than to judge people by their appearance in this wizarding world, Mr. Weasley..." (Y/n) said with feigned earnestness. Arthur side-eyed her with a brief look of dismay and (Y/n) almost started laughing, not at all taking the situation seriously.

"What did you say their last name was?"

"Sanguina."

"S-Sanguina?" Arthur repeated. "As in Carmilla Sanguina?"

"Who is that?"

"A vampire that bathed in her victims' blood, believing it would grant her everlasting youth."

"Well, I do not really care much for vampires, so you cannot expect me to know that..." (Y/n) said. Arthur's dismay only seemed to grow. "It is not that big of a deal if they're her descendants. What are the chances each generation was able to find a spouse that is also a vampire? I mean—"

"High. Very high."

"—it is not as though the vampire trait would have passed down to each and every generation," (Y/n) continued. "And would it not be nice to have some vampires on our side?"

"Those ones are likely trying to eat you, (Y/n). You are their prey, not their enemy," Arthur stated firmly. "Need you reminding of your dad's background?"

"My birth dad was a Muggle and Remus is a... Oh," (Y/n) murmured.

"You see the problem, then?"

"Surely if I was working for vampires, Remus would have smelled them, no?" (Y/n) said.

"I don't think that's how it works..."

"Says who?"

"Are you going to ask him if he smells the vampire on you?"

"No, because if I ask, he is either going to say, 'Yes, I have and I think it is best you quit,' or he is going to say, 'No, I have not but if you think you are working with vampires, I want you to quit,'" (Y/n) said.

"And that will be in your best interest," Arthur stated.

"But I like working with plants!" (Y/n) said. "And no other place is going to hire me this close to the school year." She chose against mentioning that another factor of her staying was because of the intel Narcissa had promised (Y/n) in return for keeping an eye out for Draco Malfoy. "Hogwarts is almost here anyways... I will not need to work part-time next year because I am going to be an Unspeakable."

"Are you still on that?" Arthur asked warily.

"Or maybe I will join the Magical Creatures department and put in progress S.P.E.W.'s plan for equal house-elf rights a year early so that, when Hermione graduates, we will both be working hard," (Y/n) added.

"That sounds more safe," Arthur said. "But, and I don't mean any offence, it may be best for you to take a year or so off..."

"Why?"

"Muggle-borns are high targets for Death Eaters," Arthur answered. "You especially considering you heard the Prophecy related to You-Know-Who... even if you don't remember it..."

"I am not sure I would want to remember," (Y/n) murmured. She locked the doors and dropped the keys into the mailbox. Arthur held out his arm and (Y/n) lightly seized his forearm before they Disapparated into an alleyway near Number Twelve, Grimmauld Place. "You will not tell Remus, will you?"

"I... might not," Arthur said slowly.

"Please? As your favourite Muggle-born?"

"We'll see," Arthur smiled.