Chapter Twenty-Six.

(Y/n) reached her room and wound up applying some quick makeup as she hadn't worn any outside given that she practically had her scarf over her nose the entire time. She was able to take off the thick jacket she had worn outside. The jacket better revealed the red fitted top she wore beneath a jean corset-like vest that matched the jeans she wore. The Slytherin tie (whose it was remained unknown) she wore as a headband remained on but she wound up switching her outdoor boots out for a pair of gogo boots. She smoothed out her appearance, adding a few more touch-ups before getting Ginny's letterman jacket back on and wrapping Mattheo's scarf around her hand. She then grabbed the case her guitar was in and slipped it onto her shoulders.
Part of the Gryffindor team had arrived at the tower at the same time as (Y/n). They were out of their uniforms and wearing something more suitable for a night of socializing.

"Hey, (Y/n)!" Dean greeted pleasantly, tossing an arm around (Y/n) as Ginny gave the password to the portrait of the Fat Lady

"Here, your jacket," (Y/n) said, passing Ginny the letterman jacket.

"Thanks! Be right back," Ginny said, swerving through the party crowd and heading up the girls' staircase.

"New outfit?" Dean asked.

"So-so," (Y/n) answered. "I got the vest over the summer while shopping with Lily and I just recently upcycled it."

"It's pretty hard to copy your looks, isn't it?"

"Not if you have the sewing skills," (Y/n) said in a sing-song. She and Dean parted ways shortly as Dean was going off to find Seamus while (Y/n) was looking around for Neville. "Do you see Neville?" (Y/n) asked Ginny, needing to raise her voice to be heard over the music. Ginny had just barely returned from fetching her Pygmy Puff, Arnold.

"I'm sure he's somewhere with Luna," Ginny answered loudly. "Just look for the lion hat." Fond smiles came to both of their faces at the reminder of Luna and her silly ways of supporting people. "There," Ginny said, pointing and leading (Y/n) over to where Luna was wearing her lion hat, which was awfully silent now that there was no game to be supporting.

"Oh, hello Ginny. Hello (Y/n)," Luna greeted airily.

"Having fun, Lu?" (Y/n) asked, sitting on the armrest of the chair Neville was in. She set down the guitar and took it out of its fabric case.

"Plenty," Luna answered. "It is quite entertaining to watch people swarm Harry... Like ants to something sweet." Ginny laughed but some other people looked offended to be compared to ants.

"And you, Nev?" (Y/n) asked, absent-mindedly strumming her guitar. She had just recently touched up the flowers her father had painted on the guitar, ones that were her mother's favourites as they reminded (Y/n)'s dad of his wife, who he claimed was his muse and the only way he ever had any songwriting inspiration.

"They're loud," Neville said with a tired smile. "But it's good to see people in high spirits... Especially now." He didn't need to elaborate for the girls to know he was referring to the current events happening outside of Hogwarts.

"Well, I know a party that will not be loud," (Y/n) sang, strumming the guitar. "Because almost all the people there are really, super boring... Neville, will you go to Slughorn's party with me?" she dragged out, strumming the same chord over and over for effect. There was some applause and hollers behind (Y/n) from the people who found her playing as amusing as it was impressive.

"Seriously? Or was that a bit?" Neville asked, looking suddenly awake.

"I am serious," (Y/n) answered, setting down the guitar so she could show as much. "We will have fun and things probably will not be crazy like House parties."