Chapter Eight.

(Y/n) quickly stepped out of Fleur's way as she came back down from Percy's room. Fleur looked quite pleasant after getting to greet Harry. She blew (Y/n) a kiss as she passed Fred and George's room and (Y/n) smiled, shaking her head. She clipped half of her hair up as she jogged up the steps heading for Percy's room.

"—he's a hard-working, down-to-earth sort of person, whereas she's—" Molly was saying. (Y/n) knew at once they were talking about Bill and Fleur and she wondered when the news that Fleur was not at all into men would come out.

"A cow!" Ginny finished, making (Y/n)'s mouth fall open. She joined Molly near the doorframe and Molly nodded in greeting. "But Bill's not down-to-earth. He's a Curse-Breaker, isn't he, he likes a bit of adventure, a bit of glamour... I expect that's why he's gone for Phlegm."

"Stop calling her that, Ginny," said Molly sharply, as Harry and Hermione laughed.

"You aren't any better, Mum," Ginny said coolly. "I mean, you're making your dislike known by putting two people you don't like in the same room." Molly's face flushed and (Y/n) tilted her head obliviously. "I mean, honestly, why's (Y/n) not sharing with Hermione and I?"

"Because you three are no longer fourteen-and-thirteen-year-old girls that could fit in a pullout mattress," Molly said simply. "Well, I'd better get on... Eat your eggs while they're warm, Harry." She hurriedly brushed past (Y/n), who strode forward and leaned against the doorframe.

"Oh, that's her rush," Ginny mused. (Y/n) looked highly disappointed in them all.

"Your hair!" Ginny gaped.

"You actually did it?" Hermione asked as Ginny rushed over and held up a chunk of (Y/n)'s pink hair— which was only exposed due to (Y/n) clipping half her hair up. "I can't say what I was expecting, but you managed to pink hair off," Hermione mused. Ron shook his head experimentally like a dog trying to rid its ers of water.

"Don't you get used to her if she's staying in the same house?" Harry asked.

"Well, you do," said Ron, "but if she jumps out at you unexpectedly, like then..."

"It's pathetic," said Hermione furiously, striding away from Ron as far as she could go and turning to face him with her arms folded once she had reached the wall.

"You don't really want her around forever?" Ginny asked Ron incredulously. When he merely shrugged, she said, "Well, Mum's going to put a stop to it if she can, I bet you anything."

"They are not dating, Bill and Fleur," (Y/n) stated.

"How's she going to manage that?" asked Harry.

"Setting Bill up with someone else, I guess," Ginny shrugged. "I bet she'll try inviting Penny's bridesmaids over more once they're selected. I'll accept anyone into the family except her."

"Yeah, that'll work," said Ron sarcastically. "Listen, no bloke in his right mind's going to fancy someone else when Fleur's around."

"Anyone would be a damn sight nicer than Phlegm," said Ginny.

"More intelligent, too, I suspect. Penny's bound to be around people as smart as she is," Hermione said.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, what are you two doing?" (Y/n) cried, shaking her head in bewilderment. "I thought this mindset would be gone by now!"

"What mindset?" Ginny grumbled.

"Not you as well!" exclaimed Hermione. "I understand Fleur's your friend—"

"Yeah, I am sure she was my friend. We are very similar," (Y/n) interrupted. "But, just like everyone in here, I am having great trouble remembering my past relationships, thank you." The room fell silent and Hermione bowed her head regretfully. "From what I understand, Fleur is a very pretty woman and she knows it... And she most certainly does not lack intelligence if she was able to knock out a dragon by herself— That is what Charlie told me anyways, I do not know how true that is..."