21# Anjali!

"Di, please, di! Don't keep me away, di. Please. Listen to me," he mutters all the way from Anjali's bed to Anjali's room door as she drags him away from her and her room.

"Just leave me alone, Arnav!" She has turned into a stone as she uttered Arnav hurting Arnav to the core.

"Di?" he whispers with tears in his rolling down his cheek. He is hurt. There's no further explanation for it.

His Anjali Di! For whom he did whatever he could and beyond that if there was a need. The same Anjali Di, his sister called him by his name, disowning his truth. And when someone disowns your truth, they disown your good intentions too. She did the same. She denied her brother's good intentions, disbelieving his words. He can only see an Anjali Shyam Manohar Jha now. Not his sister who dotes on him and wasn't really that hurt ever to throw him out of her room, out of her heart, and out of her head, that is if she had any.

Well, who knows!

And as she drags him out of her room, she shuts the door on his face.

"Please, Di. Listen to me," he gulps down the hurt as she keeps ignoring his calls as if she was dumb or he had no existence in her life anymore.

The same Di for whom he married Khushi.

The same Di for whom he bore Shyam.

The same Di for whom he had destroyed the beautiful dreams of his Khushi.

The same Di for whom he didn't mind crushing his own dreams, his own love, his own life, and probably could have been a beautiful life ahead.

He was hurt today.

No one else hurt him the way she did. His intensity of pain was greater than others. Because his expectations were high. He never expected there would be a day when Anjali, his Di would distrust him, and throw him out of her life.

He wasn't hurt because she trusted Shyam. He was hurt because he wasn't given a chance to even explain his side.

Well, maybe that's Karma!

He never gave a chance to Khushi for explanations. And now was his turn to bear the fruits.

Not that if he didn't marry Khushi the way he did, he wouldn't have seen this day. He would still have. Because the whole matter is about Anjali and her husband now. Not him. Not his wife. No one else but her husband!

It was tough for him to sleep. Though the warmth moon could have given might lull him to sleep, but it didn't. The peace didn't touch his heart. His health has been deteriorating not having healthy and enough food. He has seen his wife almost dying. That almost killed him. Anjali added more if that wasn't enough.

And the guilt and regret of what he did to Khushi didn't help much. Although he was about to reach her, throwing all the things that didn't allow him to trust Khushi, away. He was kidnapped and just when he thought there was a chance of him not getting out alive, had him confessing his feelings. As if that was his first and last.

And now here is he, with a broken heart, more hurt than ever before.

His thoughts halt as he recognizes the presence of his wife. His wife's care gives warmth to his heart as his hug does to her heart. A passionate one at that. Their eyes held the silent conversation. Only if the silence held the silence!

It screamed storm everywhere!

He wipes her tears away not letting his fall. Khushi has saved him, playing with her life. She needed rest and he cradles her in his arms and tucks her to bed, pats her to sleep as she tugs at his hand.