23# Khushi

It's been 10 days since Khushi joined here, and Arnav has made sure she saw real hell on the earth.

True to it!

She saw hell! The monster living in the form of Arnav Singh Raizada has made sure of it.

She was trying her best not to fail in any of her tasks, even though, the tasks were totally unrelated to her job description.

She can do anything to earn money and work hard in all possible ways. She is the sole breadwinner in the family and has so many responsibilities on her young shoulders.

It's just not that, that made her work under a man as cruel as the Devil. It's also the burdened heart in hers that wanted to find peace and be self-independent.

She's just not able to sit and eat away the peace of her family, doing nothing as her buaji says.

And here's the devil, eating the little of little peace away from her heart.

She wore a smile on her face, twinkling in happiness all the time, brightened by the world just as bright as clothes are.

Not always what you see is true! And so is her smile! She isn't truly happy in the heart of her heart, always wondering if she's a kind of burden that fell on Guptas' head.

Excluding her Babu-ji and Jiji. No one really gave her belongingness.

That doesn't mean she doesn't love her family, she does. And that's why she's here, bearing the insults thrown at her, for responsibility came her way.

She was just a B. A dropdown and nobody would give her the job she's doing now without experience, with such a great salary.

If she was still doing it, there are several reasons.

One, she has a family to feed.

Two, she had to give back 70% of her salary to Arnav Singh Raizada.

Three, she'd anyway will walk out as soon as fifteen days would complete.

Only then she could actually work at someone according to her experience and studies.

Naah! She didn't want recommendations anymore. She'd somehow manage to grab a job on her own, even if it was a clerk!

Better be a clerk under not-so-devil than PA under the devil.

In some way, she held herself responsible for spoiling his show. So, she walked into his cabin one day and apologized only to behave her arms reddened, for he not only shouted at her but manhandled her.

And what the other employees did, laughed at her expense.

And that's the day she truly considered him a devil. The day he made her fall down, she know, in some part of her brain, that he partly did leave her hand for her pride in not taking his help.

"It's better I fall down than take help from you!"

But the day she apologized, she left her pride. She shouldn't have, for he had assaulted her on a dark night, leaving her in darkness. But still, she did, because she held her responsible for spoiling his show.

And the result was her reddened arms!

It'd take 7 more days and she can drag herself out or so, she thought when she saw herself in the mirror.

And now, she smiled in dark humor, for she thought she'd stay for five more days but Naah, Devi Mayya is on her side, smiling at her and she knows what she has done is right.