22# Third Choice

"Khuhsi-ji, either you've to give us a lakh or accept our job. You've two choices," Anjali has become an ASR or worse than that if one could point it out.

Khushi gets stuck for a while, "I have a third choice."

Anjali frowns at Khushi's smiling face.

"Hello Hi Bye Bye, 1 lakh sunke madwa hogaye kya?" Manorama once again murders the international language.

"Third Choice?" Anjali was perplexed.

"Yes! Third Choice. Go to the police station, file an FIR on your brother for misconduct on a woman employee," she simply shrugs.

"What the hell? Why would you do that?" Anjali fumes.

"Simple, there's a list. Let me start with the first one, your brother made me fall from the first floor. I could have died if not for the boxes. Second, he sent me to the guest house. I was on the verge of dying. Third, he released a video of me, I was about to get molested. Fourth, your brother has me slaved, for the things that weren't mentioned in the contract, after office hours. Fifth, he has always bullied me. I was humiliated," she completes the list.

"What proof do you have?" Anjali was astonished and a little suspicious.

"I don't have any but I guess you can check CCTV," she suggests.

"Hello Hi Bye Bye! Kay lagat hai tumhe? Hum rich hai. Humare Arnav Bitwa ka koi kuch nahi kar payega," she was proud of their richness.

"Well, if not police, I've media. They're hungry for some ugly truths, you know and then you know what could happen," she smiles.

Well, if what she was saying is the truth, their pride and honor would go in the drain.

They were looking at Khushi wide-eyed.

"Do you want to stay here more? I've manners and I don't throw people out from my home, as your brother did to me, except that it's the first floor," she reminds them about their Arnav.

And they do get out a few seconds later. Khushi shuts the door on their backs with a loud thud and sighs, closing her eyes.

She didn't know if they'd come back again, for now, she managed to be strong and stand for her self-respect. 

The End

A Drabble popped into my mind out of nowhere and I couldn't help drafting it. 

Let me know what you think.

Note: Nirvana, an original story of Ananya and Nikhil is getting published in ArShi Version. Do check it out if interested. It's a crime thriller. 

-polymath_land

-05/10/2022