Wall Distribution

'Wait. He is right. Bhasera is a powerful coward who would never put himself at risk. This applies even more so to Tanaka. The Yorks are subordinate to the Dwights but not completely like the Oxlades. Bhasera would no doubt have a trump card that would make Onismo weary against making a coup, even if Bhasera's children are absent. So what is that old man scheming.'

Seeing Sula fall into thought made Bastian sigh in relief. Phantasma let out a rare chuckle and decided to help the young lady along.

"Lord Bastian I have the latest battle report. Including our casualties."

Bastian clapped his cheeks to focus and said, "Lay it on me."

"My sisters have reported that Lord Kenshin has saved Kitrid's army and has taken care of two more waves by himself at the East wall. The Yorks suffered a lot of casualties due to creatures Lord Kesnhin...missed. Only about a 3rd of Kitrid's army remains but most of the high quality seeds are alive."

Bastian nodded and motioned for Phantasma to continue, "Guy has already destroyed the Oxlade compound and is almost don't with the Dwight compound. He is about to regroup with all his troops and attack the Yorks. So far no casualties."

Sula was happy when she heard that there were no casualties there but Bastian was unhappy

'This is too easy.'

"According to Sister Tino, the Yorks have suffered disastrous casualties at the North and West Walls after dealing 3 waves of creatures as well."

Sula was stunned by this news, "How is this possible? They have the best warriors and preparations. They even have anti siege weapons and Ballistae. How could this?"

Phantasma looked at Bastian and the latter nodded. His face still grim from the news of Guy's expedition...

"Lord Bastian had given my sisters another important mission besides gathering information."

"What kind of mission?" Asked Sula..

"Lord Bastian asked us to approach all the high ranking warriors that could be bribed and bribe them. Those that could be blackmailed had their loved ones poisoned with something only we can cure. All they had to do was allow more casualties the next day among their troops. Those that could neither be blackmailed or bribed were given a slow acting poison last night.

It is a psychedelic poison that makes one lose their sanity slowly over time. It takes about 12 hours to kick in after inhalation." Phantasma did not bother to hide the hint of admiration in her tone.

"You guys could have sneaked in and killed them in their sleep? Why go through such a roundabout way?"

Phantasma and Bastian looked at Sula like she was an idiot. Bastian coughed to ease up the awkwardness and said, "I think she is more suited to Orthodox warfare rather than scheming."

Phantasma snorted in agreement. The difference in treatment that she and Bastian received from Phantasma was irritating for the young woman. But she calmed herself down because she had no choice but to ask, "What did I miss?"

"Lady Sula, our main threat isn't the three families, it's the horse. You are too used to playing politics that you lost sight of what was in front of you. We still needed the Yorks to deal with the North and West walls. Especially during the first waves."

"Exactly, we also need these soldiers because we want to take over Yani City. Not destroy it. Warriors are hard to come by. Let the weak and loyal ones die first. Then we will scoop up the rest."

Phantasma and Bastian spoke with a cool calm that made it seem like they were discussing the weather. It scared Sula how composed the Duo was despite the fact that they were discussing the deaths of thousands of men.