Chapter 25- The Blind Disaster!

TT Chapter 25: The Blind Disaster!

...

As Kai stood there shocked, his Master was in a similar position. The young man had also seen the purple haired boy head for the gauntlets. The two just stood there, doing nothing. It wasn't until the purple haired boy had worn the gauntlets that one of them spoke.

"Kai, do you believe in destiny?"

"No young master."

"If not destiny then what are we looking at?"

"A coincidence young master, merely a coincidence."

"Humph." The young man snorted in disdain at Kai's response. He sat back into his chair and focused on the arena, curious as to what the purple haired boy would do next. Although Kai would not have admitted it, he too was curious.

There were plenty of other weapons left on the walls to choose from. Although only shabby ones were left, there were still quite a few that would be more useful than gauntlets.

Gauntlets were not a popular weapon amongst such fights, due to the fact that all the contestants had their cultivation sealed. They had to rely on pure combat. No mana, no qi. Gauntlets had neither range nor projectiles, and offered little to protect one's body with.

One sword could block 5 swords but one hand could not even block 5 fists. Not to mention that they offered little offensive assistance.

These gauntlets were somewhat famous in the arena. Many fighters knew of their hardness. These particular gauntlets did offer a good defense, but these were not free battles. These were competitive death matches. Fighting defensively would not help one kill his/her opponent.

Due to such reasons, no one would choose them. So Kai, unlike his dim-witted Master, thought carefully about why the purple haired boy would choose such a weapon, and so quickly at that.

He also adjusted very well to his situation. He looks quite calm and relaxed, albeit being a little surprised at his surroundings.

Kai analyzed the boy's every move.

His Master on the other hand noticed something odd.

"Kai, isn't there a way for me to be able to hear what they are saying?"

Kai snapped out of his intense gaze. "Yes there is, excuse me."

Kai reached to the side of the little room were a few knobs were. After rotating one, their booth was now able to hear what was being said in the arena.

"Wow, I can hear them so well! It is as if I am in the arena myself!" said the young man, marvelled.

Through the use of certain spells, this effect was achieved. Kai was about to explain this fact when he heard a shout.

"All of the walking corpses in this arena! Face me immediately!"

Kai and his Master looked for the source of the shout, only to see it was the purple haired boy.

All of the contestants who were readying themselves were caught off guard; they looked toward his direction with a confused look on most of their faces. The purple haired boy smiled and nodded when he saw that he had everyone's attention.

"Listen up. The first person to die by my hands today will have an incredible honor! That honor will be that person will be the first person slain by my hands! If you name yourself and volunteer your life without resistance, then I will name you as the first man or woman who fell by my hands and history will forever remember you! Tell me friends, what greater glory is there than this?"