Chapter 27- Are You Done?

Chapter 27: Are You Done?

....

As Tate looked at Bastian, awe filled his mind to the brim.

This is it. This is the warrior I have been waiting for.

Tate was afraid of death, but he had already accepted his fate. Now his chance to fall at the hands of a warrior with incredible potential was nigh, so he wanted to take full grasp of it.

Bastian's ability to completely suppress the blind disaster, only further reinforced Tate's respect for him.

Bastian on the other hand, was quite unhappy. One could even say he was angry. He was normally the type of person who was passive and hard to anger. But a culmination of certain factors had pushed him past his limits.

First, was the fact that he had spent the past few months being tossed from one place to another against his will. His current soul was the combination of a man from earth and a young pampered noble, thus this was not a pleasant experience for him.

When he thought he finally had control over his life he was then back to where he had started a slave. In fact, this was worse, for Bastian was positive that if his bloodline had not awakened, he would undoubtedly die. Even though the awakening itself was the main reason he was taken.

Second, was the fact that he had lost out on an opportunity to gain experience in battle. Bastian had no doubt that he would have more opportunities in the future but he at least wanted to broaden his horizons as soon as possible.

Last but certainly not least, was the white haired boy. The poison in his body was the most inhumane thing Bastian had ever heard off. At first, Bastian wanted to kill the boy for stealing his experience, but after learning of the boy's circumstances, he could not help but change his mind.

These factors had put Bastian in a bad place right and he needed somewhere to vent his anger on, or someone.

"If you are not going to attack I will."

Bastian's words were like a slap to the face. This was the second time Bastian had brought Tate back to reality in a short amount of time.

"Hahaha! My apologies young warrior, I was just impressed by how incredible you are. To think you were able to-"

"Shut up! Do you want to fight or not!" shouted Bastian.

Tate saw that Bastian was not in the mood for idle chatter. With a solemn expression, he gripped his sabre with both hands and got ready to attack.

Let's see what you can do young warrior. I hope you do not disappoint me.

With a roar, Tate sprinted with his full force toward Bastian. His heavy feet thumped as they trampled on the bloody floor.

Bastian did not do anything. He merely stood there, with a scowl on his face. He neither took a stance nor did he show any signs of movement. Normally, this would make a person attacking him lower his guard because Bastian did not look as if he would defend himself. Yet for Tate, it was the complete opposite.

Bastian's nonchalance made him become more vigilant.

Tate swung his large sabre straight toward Bastian's head, only to meet air. Bastian had back stepped at the opportune time.

Without feeling discouraged, Tate continued to swing his large weapon with incredible vigor. His incredible strength allowed him to wield such a heavy weapon with ease, like a child wielding a stick.

Although Tate was impressive, from his own point of view Bastian was even more frightening. This was because the time Bastian allowed himself for dodging was becoming less and less.