Chapter 97- The Tides Forever Strike, Never To Stop!

Chapter 97

The Tides Forever Strike, Never To Stop

...

After a while, the tornado subsided. The crowd once again became silent because nothing had happened! Many had assumed that Bastian had initiated some attack, and was suppressing Maita within the dust storm, but the duo were still standing exactly where they were before. The only difference was their expressions. Especially Maita, his expression was downcast; the crowd had never seen him like this before.

A never before seriousness appeared on his face as he gripped his spear tightly and got into a stance ready to attack. Bastian, although not as much as Maita, was serious, and took a stance with his body, jumping constantly on his toes.

Everyone was curious as to what exactly had happened within the tornado, but no one knew...except for Kenshin.

Bastian is insane! Does he not value his life? If he were to lose he would suffer a fate worse than death!

Kenhsin's expression was almost always downcast, so no one really noticed his sour look. As the duo got into position, their bodies started releasing auras that once again silenced the crowds.

Maita was the first to start, with his body as the center, an invisible feeling started radiating outwards. This feeling overwhelmed the entire crowd and completely changed the impression they had of Maita. Now they only had one word to describe him... spear!

The spear, the overlord of the battlefield, one of the most difficult weapons to master, but once mastered, it became an unstoppable force that could tear apart anything in its path. Among cultivators there is an old saying, fist like rock, sword like tiger, and spear like dragon!

The spear was viewed with awe by many, but it was only used by a few. And now at this moment, Maita's own body gave out the feeling a spear had: swift, long, and powerful! He was clearly a human, yet many lost control of their bodies and fainted, because they had the feeling of having a powerful spear pointed at them.

"Spear intent!"

Within the Cole booth, Tyson could not help but exclaim. Elisha had a rough understanding of what intent was, so when she heard her father say it, she could not help but be surprised. It was a powerful ability that was a prerequisite is one wanted to become a powerful warrior, it was what separated the wheat from the chaff. She was not really sure what it could do, but Maita's body made all of the hairs on her body stand on end.

Bastian was the target of this intent, so he felt the brunt of it. He merely grunted and swept his arms out once. Then at that instant, a new feeling flooded the entire stadium, this time Bastian was the source. Everyone looking at him felt as if their bodies were being cut by a sharp blade, and some weaker people who were closest to the arena even wailed in pain, despite not suffering a single injury.

"Sword intent, it is sword intent! Am I right Papa?" the feeling Bastian was giving of was of a sharp sword that had been unleashed from its scabbard, so Elisha guessed that this must have been sword intent. She immediately shouted her discovery, in an attempt to please her father, but Tyson did not reply. He did not even hear what she said; he simply stood up with his body shaking.

"Intent Impression, it is intent impression! This boy is a freak! Is he not a mage? What is this?"

Tyson and many other cultivators simply could not understand what was happening. Intent was the ability to make one's will tangible through the Dao. It was something only the most talented to cultivators could do. It not only showed talent, but it also bolstered the power of one's attacks by quite a bit depending on the proficiency of one's intent.