Chapter 3. Saph POV.

Hours after we go our separate ways he is still on my mind. Why? No freaking idea. Really? No idea what so ever? My subconscious was a bitch. Sure he was breathtakingly hot and made me feel some type of way no other man has made me feel in months, so what? Am I just going to forgive him and go to bed with him? Of course not. He ruined my safe place, then attacked me like it was my fault, so right now, his muscles and that smug look on his face have no right invading my brain. So you wouldn't give him the least bit of your attention if you saw him again? Is that what you're trying to say sweetie? I hate my inner voice. It is no friend at all. I don't think I would be able to even hold myself together if I see him again. Our encounter earlier was a completely different story, I was high on adrenaline, every emotion was heightened, and sure maybe I overreacted a little but still he should have apologized like a decent human being, right? Right. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

„Oh shut up you bitch."

„Excuse me? I didn't even say anything?" Camile looked at me surprised.

„Fuck, sorry, I didn't mean you," great I just called my best friend a bitch because of an asshole, a hot, uniformed asshole but still. Why am I even thinking about him now? I should be having a fun time with Cami, forgetting all about today, and enjoying not having work for the next month.

„Let me guess, a certain someone is still on your mind?" she gave me a pointed look and I just sighed, because really I can't blame anyone other than my aroused self for how I've been acting tonight.

„I'm sorry, I swear I'm not zoning out on purpose," I hope Cami can see my pleading eyes because I really need a distraction, which she already took me to. Fuck.

„Hey, if I had a sexy encounter with that kind of a man I would be thinking only about it too," I love Cami, she always understands people, she puts herself in another person's shoes and sees things from their perspective, „but we did go out to put this day behind us, so we should be enjoying ourselves. Look, we're single, in a bar filled with different types of men, there has to be someone here that catches your eye."

„I know, I know, it's just I still can't believe what happened. I mean the cafe, the gun, the fight. Now that I'm not high on adrenaline I can't even believe that happened to us," it is true, I couldn't, I was held at gun point, not for long thank God, but it was terrifying nevertheless, „I can see that I overreacted and lashed out on the poor guy. However if I ever see him again, I will deny everything I just said," Cami just laughed at me.

„Don't get me wrong I'm still holding him responsible for my window wall, but I can understand it wasn't his intention to break it," I sighed once more.

„That's great, now can we talk about something other than the alpha male hero, before we summon him," she turned her head around, no doubt looking around for a potential target to charm into buying us new drinks, „I guess I spoke too soon," my eyes widened at her words because she can't possibly be saying what I think she's saying, right? Right?!

Very slowly, I turned around in the direction Cami was looking not long ago, and surely enough, he was standing there, hips leaning onto the bar, next to his team mates I saw earlier, looking straight at me. Well this is an interesting turn of events, don't ya think? No I don't think, I can't because, what the hell.

A part of me thought the sexual tension between us was just a result of the adrenaline, a consequence of the situation, nothing more, but that look. Pure lust in his eyes that I'm sure reflected in my own, was a sure enough sign that this man was too hot for his own good.

Why is he here? There are thousands of bars in NYC and out of all of them he and his buddies had to show up here tonight. Don't act like you don't like it. I don't know anything at this point. This whole day has been a rollercoaster and his piercing gaze into my soul is nowhere near comforting. Okay, I just need to relax, deep breaths. No room for deep breaths when he is still staring like that, and why is it getting hot in here. Okay I need to act normal, we were bound to run into each other at some point, so I guess it's sooner rather than later. However I need to compose myself first.