Chapter 14. Saph POV.

This walk is exactly what I needed. A little distance from all the testosterone, that I don't know how got into my house. But I guess I can't live without it anymore can I. A smile creeps onto my face and I full on start laughing in the middle of the street before continuing the short walk to the park where I'll meet Cami.

But how can I not laugh? He just woke up and decided we were an item. I did feel a little turned on when he said it without any hesitation, like he said it and it has to be like that. Everything he does, the alpha leading man has to show up and just glow. However, the more time I spend with him the more I realize he's just a big teddy bear inside. He just masks it well under the rough exterior of a man who's been trough hell and back no doubt. He hasn't shared his whole past with me and I haven't shared mine with him, but I hope that our deal from this morning will allow me to let loose and tell him everything there is to know. The hard stuff of being locked in a room for days because I didn't stand straight enough when I was just a kid, making me date a sleazy guy that almost raped me, just because his parents owned an architect company, when I was a teenager. So many more incidents I will never forget, or be able to forgive them for it. I won't even mention all the crappy birthdays, missed shows, performances, all the yelling and undermining, all because it didn't benefit them or I made them look bad by doing it. Once I get it out in the open, maybe he will too. Hopefully he will too.

I am catching feelings for this man more and more every day and it just keeps happening faster and faster. I need to put him aside for now. I can think about how I like him and how horny he gets me some other time. Now, I need to greet my best friend.

I barely spotted her on our usual bench, but she was already up in the air jumping on me like we haven't seen each other in ages.

„I got an acting job!"

„What?! Oh my God, what are we doing here we have to go somewhere and celebrate!"

„I know, I know, I barely made it without texting you about it. It is just a TV commercial but I have to start somewhere," she continued telling me about her audition and everything the director told her, she didn't skip a single comment and I was glad to hear it all. She deserves the best of this world and I am truly happy for her.

„But enough about me, tell me about you. How's the book coming along?" we sat down in a nice restaurant and ordered food while I talked to her about my book and asked her opinions about it. Her intake on certain characters and their personalities. I think having someone you trust and talking out your vision with them can only help you, a fresh pair of eyes.

„So, you know I have to ask. What's up with you and G? Have you seen him lately?"

„A lot, actually," I couldn't help but laugh, surprising my best friend with the news of my newly founded relationship.

„Why wouldn't you tell me?! This is not something you can hide away from me!"

„I am not hiding it. We made a deal this morning!"

„A deal? I thought you said you were in a relationship?"

„We are, it's just... too fast. For me at least. And I made a deal with him that, well that basically if he hurts me I will destroy him."

„And he agreed to that term?"

„Without hesitation," I hated the big smile that spread on my face.

„Girlllll!! I am so happy for you. If he made no objection to your panicked and overthinking ass, then he is a keeper. Although, I guess he is just as stubborn as you and there will be bloodshed at some point in your relationship, however, I am sure you guys will work trough it."