Chapter 16. Saphire POV

I hope you're enjoying the story so far, feel free to leave comments or message me directly for your input. I would love to hear everyone's opinion.

Waking up in G's tight embrace is like waking up from a dream and then immediately falling into the next one. I love how even in his sleep, he can't stop touching me. He stopped wearing shirts in bed a long time ago and I am not in the least bit uncomfortable to sleep next to him in pajamas that can in fact be called trash. They have so many holes in them but they are my favourite pair and I will never throw them away.

I watched him sleep for awhile. Then I realized how creepy it looks. Him sleeping and me studying the lines of his face, trying to remember every last detail and have it engraved in my memory. I have become a simp, without my acknowledgment or my awareness. Now I am stuck here in this bubble being ridiculously happy with a man I know a little over a month. Life is very interesting.

I carefully slipped out of his embrace and heard his low growl which made the waist down part of me feel very, very turned on. I tried my best not to stir him up, because there is nothing I find more sexy about this man than his morning voice. The rough around the edges, gravelly tone that makes me go wild with need.

Nevertheless, I went into the bathroom to clean up, going back into the bedroom to change clothes my eyes landed on G's back. He shifted positions and the rigid, huge back was nothing less than perfection, even with those scars that I now have a better idea about where they came from, but I won't pressure him into telling me about them. At least not after everything he told me about his life yesterday. I found his shirt on the way to the closet and I thought to myself what a great idea. Without a moment of hesitation I put on his shirt and decided against putting on any shorts because there was just no point. He was so massive and I was so small that his shirt went down to my knees.

Trying to contain my laughter, I stepped out of the room and headed for the kitchen. On the way down I decided that I will share my story too. This fear about him using me will only leave if I face it and for that I will never be ready, so this is as close as I will get.

My idea was to make an omelet for me and the happy giant, occupying my bed right now, but then I came to a stop in the fridge.

„How many eggs do I put? Do I even have enough?" I was voicing my worries out loud, „I mean there is no way he would be satisfied with only two. Is five too much?" I was lost.

A moment later a door was heard and for a split second I thought how well G can read my mind, to come at the exact moment I wanted to go to him seemed like a coincidence.

Too big of a coincidence.

Of course that wasn't G. And the door wasn't from the bedroom.

I sensed them before they even found me in the kitchen.

„What the hell?!" my lovely mother's voice sent tremors down my body. At first I hoped it was only her but then I realized that wolves travel in packs.

„Are you kidding me right now?!" there goes my dad, supportive and graceful as always.

„Mom, dad, what are you doing here?" I managed to keep my voice calm.

„What are we doing here?! Thank God we came in and not somebody else, look at yourself!" in a dress worth being worn by the first lady, red bottom heels because normal ones are overrated and of course the accessories. From the two meter long hat to the sunglasses, gloves as if it wasn't hot as fuck outside and to top it all off, every possible surface on her body that she could cover in diamonds or pearls, is covered in them.

„What is wrong with me?" I knew what was coming and a part of me wanted to give up already on this discussion, but I couldn't, I wouldn't. I made a promise to G not even 24 hours ago to fight for us, and knowing my parents they are going to be our greatest enemies for the whole duration of the relationship. I cannot give up on the first sign of an incconvenience.