Green Savior ~ Omar

Pairing: Omar X Fem Reader

Requested By: No One
Y/N: Your Name

"I won't be long dear." Your mother says as you are outside a store with her.

"Alright mom. I'm just gonna have a look around." You say.

"Don't be long and don't go too far." Your mother says.

"I won't." You say as you quickly run off.

*Timeskip*

"These flowers are simply beautiful. I wish we had some around our neighborhood." You say as you are walking around looking at flowers before tripping over a tree root and seeing your foot is now caught in the root.

"Oh! Great. My foot is caught." You say annoyedly as you try to pull your foot lose with no luck.

"Need some help?" A voice asks revealing to be a girl with a bat.

"Who are you?" You ask.

"Don't worry about that right now. Is your foot stuck?" The girl asks as she looks at your foot.

"Yeah. Can you help me?" You ask curiously.

"Of course. I've never seen you around before. Are you new?" The girl asks as she grabs your foot and starts to pull.

"Well not really. I've just never been in this neighborhood before. My mom is just doing groceries here today since we couldn't get what we needed in out neighborhood." You say.

"I see. Well there you go. Your foot is free now." The girl says as she gets your foot unstuck from the root.

"Thank you." You say happily.

"You know since you're new to around here how about you come play with us?" The girl asks.

"Oh I don't think I have time. My mom wasn't gonna be long. I should be heading back to the store now." You say as the girl takes a step closer to you causing you to give a worried look.

"But I insist. I have a friend who would love to meet you." The girl says.

"That's uh sweet but I'm uh gonna go now." You say as you begin to back away.

"Come on. I don't mean any harm. I mean I did help you free your foot." The girl says.

"And that was nice of you but... I'm gonna just... go. Bye!" You say as you turn and bolt.

"Hey come back here!" The girl shouts as she chases after you.

"Oh man. What did I get myself into? Well I don't know where I'm going but anywhere is better than with her." You say before you quickly hide in some trees.

"You can't hide forever!" The girl shouts as she stops and looks around.

"No but I can try." You think as you watch the girl from the trees.

*Timeskip*

"Come out! I know you're here." The girl shouts before you accidentally causing a twig to fall.

"Shoot. She's gonna find me." You think fearfully as the girl looks toward the tree you're hiding in.

"Hey!" A voice shouts revealing to be a boy in a green poncho up in another tree.

"You!" The girl shouts as she sees the boy.

"I told you to stay away from the overpass!" The boy shouts as he and the girl begin fighting.

"Relax! For once that's not what I'm after." The girl says angrily.

"Either way you won't threaten other kids with me around." The boy says sternly.

"Why can't you just stay out of my way!?" The girl asks.

"You know I can't do that now get out of here." The boy says as he knocks the girl to the ground.

"Fine. You win this time but you will fall eventually." The girl says angrily as she leaves.

"She's gone. You can come down now." The boy says as you look at him.

"Who are you?" You ask as you stay in your spot.

"My name is Omar. Others call me the Green Poncho. I'm not a threat. I promise." The boy says as you cautiously come down.

"Who was that girl and what did she want with me?" You ask.

"Her name is Maya.. My guess is to hand you over to the King so he can have another subject to rule over." The boy says.

"The King?" You ask curiously.

*Timeskip*

"Thank you again Omar for saving me and walking me back to the store. I can't believe everything you told me. I had no idea." You say as you are back at the outside of the store with Omar.

"It's okay Y/N. You're welcome. Lots of kids don't know about what's on this side if the creek. Just like they don't know that the King will threaten our play time if he gets access to our side. It's why I protect the overpass." Omar says.

"I'm sorry." You say.

"Huh?" Omar asks confusedly.

"I'm sorry. I bet thet is pretty lonely." You say.

"It's not exactly preferable but someone has to do. Anyway you should wait here. If you're mom isn't gonna be long then she ought to be getting back soon." Omar says as he turns to leave.

"Hey Omar do you like chocolate chip cookies?" You ask as Omar stops.

"Uh yeah... They're my favorite. Why?" Omar asks as he looks at you.

"Here. Call it a thank you and a see you soon from me." You say as you hand Omar a bag of cookies from your pocket as you smile kindly causing him to blush.

"See you soon? You don't have to." Omar says nervously.

"I want to. Just now I know to stay on our side of the Creek when I visit." You say kindly.

"Thanks... Well see you soon then." Omar says kindly.

"Yeah." You say happily as you smile.