Kindred Spirits ~ Kelsey

Pairing: Kelsey X Fem Reader

Requested By: No One
Y/N: Your Name

"Aww! She lost her pet." A boy shouts as you are cornered by two boys.

"What's the matter? Gonna cry?" A boy asks as he laughs.

"Stop it. Please I just want to find him." You say as you have tears in your eyes.

"Ha! What a crybaby." The other boy says.

"Leave her alone!" A voice shouts revealing to be a girl with a pipe for a sword and bird on her head.

"It's one of the stump kids." The boy says.

"Aren't you from Craig's group? What are you? Some kind of pipe cleaner?" The other boy asks as he laughs.

"I am no cleaner. I am a warrior and if you don't leave that girl alone you'll find that out personally." The girl says as she narrows her eyes.

"Pfft. Whatever. Let's get out of here." The boy says as he and the other boy leave.

"Hey you okay? Sorry. Some of us are a lot nicer." The girl says as she offers you her hand.

"Thank you. I'm alright." You say as you take her hand before dropping your missing pet flyer.

"Did you lose a dog?" The girl asks as she picks up the flyer.

"Uh yeah. I heard he was spotted around here but I haven't seen him." You say sadly.

"Huh? Wait a minute. This address is on the other side of the Creek! You're with the King!?" The girl asks in alarm as she points her sword at you.

"No please! I do play here but only to get away from him. I just lost my dog recently and I usually don't come this far into the Creek. I just want to find him." You say in alarm as you put your arms up in defense.

"Why should I trust anything you say?" The girl asks.

"Because you have a pet as well and must know it would be horrible to lose him. Please. My brother is the Blur. He knows I play on this side but doesn't know I'm in this part of the area. He only allows it because of trying to protect me from the King. But our dog got lose a few days ago when I was walking him. I've missed him horribly. I mean no harm. I only want my dog back. Please help me find him and you won't have to see me ever again. I promise." You say pleadingly.

"Well I can't say you're wrong. If I ever lost Mortimor I'd be heart broken." The girl says as she pets her bird.

"Your feathered friend is adorable... I just want my dog back. I don't care if I give up my safe place to play as long as I find him. He is my best friend." You say sadly cause the girl to look at you.

"If you're with the Blur then why are you so well nice?" The girl asks curiously.

"Please understand not all of us want to be with the King. My brother is only protecting me by wanting me to play away from our house. I never go this far because of being from the other side and to avoid causing alarm or issues. I don't have any friends anyway. Just my dog really." You say sadly as the girl gives a sympathetic look.

"I'm sorry. You do seem kind of nice. How about this? I won't cause you any problems long as you don't with me. Deal?" The girl asks as she offers you her hand.

"Deal. By the way I'm Y/N." You say kindly as you shake hands with the girl.

"Kelsey the bravest warrior in the Creek! And this is my falcon Mortimor." The girl says as she gestures to her bird as he chirps.

"You both seem very brave." You say kindly.

"Thank you. Now let's see what we can do about finding your lost pet." Kelsey says.

*Timeskip To After Capture The Flag*

"It's been a whole year since Max took off. I'm surprised you still hold onto that collar of his." Keun says as you are walking with him to the Creek.

"It just helps to keep me my nerves down that's all." You say while holding a book and your dog's collar.

"Oh that's right. You do that whenever you go to do something that makes you nervous. That whole book club thing you joined making you nervous again?" Keun asks.

"It's not so much that as it is the book I wrote itself. It's the first time I ever wrote a book. I'm worried it is terrible." You say worriedly.

"It's not. I read the book you wrote and it turned out good." Keun says.

"You're just saying that because you're my brother." You say as you look down.

"Well yes but also I do genuinely like it." Keun says.

"Y/N!" A voice shouts revealing to be Sparkle Cadet and J.P.

"Come on we'll be late!" J.P. shouts as he and Sparkle Cadet run off.

"I don't think I can do this." You say nervously.

"Look just relax and breathe. Remember it's the trying that counts." Keun says as he smiles

"Right. Thanks." You say as you smile.

"Anytime. Gotta blur!" Keun says as he runs off.

"I really hate when he does that." A voice says revealing to be Kelsey.

"Oh Kelsey!" You say nervously while blushing.

"Hey Y/N. I'm really excited to hear your book. I didn't know you wrote books too." Kelsey says happily.

"Yeah well..." You say as you look down.

"Hey what's wrong?" Kelsey asks.

"Kelsey this is my first book. I put more of my heart into it than I thought." You say nervously.

"That's kind of the point. Write with your heart and gut." Kelsey says as she smiles.

"No, no. I mean really into it. Take a look." You say as you hand Kelsey the book.

"The Brave Warrior and the Outsider Princess. The Quest for the Lost Dog of the Forgotten Kingdom?" Kelsey asks as she reads the title.

"Read it." You say bluntly.

*Timeskip*

"Wow. Y/N this is really good. Your characters Aria and Crystal are amazing. I can see you based the idea around our friendship and how we met. I'm excited for this last chapter." Kelsey says as she is sitting with you by a tree.

"Keep reading." You say as Kelsey reads and finishes the book.

"I love it. This is full of action and so much adventure... But there's some kind of tension between the characters. I can't quite figure it out." Kelsey says as you blush.

"Kelsey who do those characters remind you of?" You ask as you look at Kelsey.

"Us obviously." Kelsey says happily.

"Right. Do you remember the last line in the book. The one that Crystal said to Aria before she left to return to her Kingdom with Blaze?" You ask.

"That no matter how far we will be together in our. Our destinies are now intertwined. I will always be there when you need me. I would want to face this world with no one else but you by my side. I look forward to our next adventure together." Kelsey says.

"Correct. Does it mean anything to you?" You ask as you look down.

"It kind of describes our friendship. A lot." Kelsey says shyly.

"I meant it as more than friends. The tension is romantic Kelsey. My brother Keun spotted it right off. I didn't notice until I finished the chapter. By then it was too late to change it. I wrote that last chapter in the way I did becuase I like you Kelsey." You say shyly.

"I... I like you too." Kelsey says shyly.

"Really?" You ask in shock as you look at Kelsey.

"Yeah... Hey let's get to book club. Then later maybe we can work on the second book about them together?" Kelsey asks while blushing.

"I'd like that very much." You say happily.