Secret That I'll Cherish ~ Secret Kid

Pairing: Secret Kid X Fem Reader

Requested By: No One
Y/N: Your Name
A/N: I named Secret Kid with the name Jake for the sake of this oneshot since he hasn't been shown to have a name yet.

"Nice jumping Y/N." Craig says as you are playing jump rope with his group.

"Yeah!" Kelsey shouts.

"Thanks." You say happily.

"You've always been really good at jumping." J.P. says.

"How'd you get so good at jump rope?" Craig asks as you put the rope down.

"Oh just practice." You say as you smile.

"My turn!" Kelsey shouts as she goes over to the jump rope with J.P..

"Aww. No good. Look." J.P. says as you and Craig go over.

"The rope has a break in it. Must be from over use." You say.

"I'm sure Craig has something to fix it in his purse." Kelsey says a everyone looks at Craig.

"Well I-" Craig then gets cut off by J.P..

"Yeah. He always has everything in there." J.P. says.

"Well not-" Craig then gets cut off by you.

"Guys! Let's just go to the store and get a new one. I got the money." You say as everyone looks at you.

"Nah. I got it. May need to run home but I got it." Craig says annoyedly before leaving.

"I gotta bounce too." You say as you pick up your jacket.

"Where you off to?" J.P. asks.

"Just got something to take care of. That's all. Bye guys." You say before leaving.

*Timeskip*

"I just feel like they don't always listen to me. It feels like they always expect Craig to do things." You say as you are in Secret Kid's hideout.

"And this bothers you?" Jake asks.

"Yeah. I know it's silly but-" You then get cut off by Jake.

"Not at all. I'm glad you confide in me. But what I don't understand is why you don't write it down?" Jake asks curiously.

"Well I trust you Jake." You say as you smile.

"I'm glad you trust me so much. Are you sure there's nothing else bothering you? You seem to be nervous lately when around me." Jake says as you look at your phone and see the time.

"Yeah. I'm positive. Anyway I should go. Getting close to dinner time." You say as you stand up.

"Alright then. Until next time." Jake says before you leave only to run into Craig outside.

"So this is where you went." Craig says.

"Oh uh hi Craig." You say nervously.

"Did you tell him?" Craig asks.

"Tell him what? I don't know what you're talking about." You say nervously.

"I know you like him Y/N. Why don't you telk him? Or at least say it without telling him that it's him?" Craig asks as you sigh.

"No Craig. I'm nervous. I don't know how he'll act." You say as you look down.

"Why don't you try. I'm sure he'll understand. Maybe he'll feel the same." Craig says as he puts a hand on your shoulder.

"I don't know." You say.

"Just try. Okay?" Craig asks as you look at him.

"Okay." You say.

*Timeskip*

"Hey Jake." You say as you enter Jake's hideout.

"Ah. Y/N. Good to see you again. Come again to vent?" Jake asks as he smiles.

"Sort of." You say while blushing.

"Come and sit. Tell me all about it and let your worries wash away." Jake says as he sits down at a table.

"Uh Jake this isn't something that can just be washed away." You say nervously.

"What do you mean?" Jake asks curiously.

"I have been hiding something from you." You say as you look down.

"I thought so. What is it? I can tell it's really been eating away at you." Jake says.

"You have no idea. Promise not to laugh or get mad? I don't want it to ruin our friendship." You say nervously as you look at Jake.

"Y/N please. You know me. I don't judge." Jake says kindly.

"Well here it goes then. I like you... a lot. I have a crush on you." You say as you close your eyes nervously.

"I see... Why didn't you tell me?" Jake asks.

"I was scared." You say.

"Well I feel the same." Jake says as you open your eyes and look at him.

"You do?" You ask in surprise.

"Of course but I could never have told something like that to one of my clients... However if you were to begin helping me here in the hideout there's nothing saying I couldn't feel that way towards my helper." Jake says as he smiles before placing his hand on yours.

"I'd love that Jake." You say happily as you smile.