[5] Korea - My New Home

Chaeyoung's POV

My heart absolutely broke watching Nadine get separated from the people working at the Home. After all, Nadine did have trouble getting adopted despite her young age so the people there took care and showered her with love.

As we closed the door of the van shut, with my blurry eyes I watched as Nadine kept screaming and crying. I don't recall when was the last time I cried this much but all I know is that I'd do anything to protect this precious life and show her what it's like to be in a family and to be loved.

She deserves to know what being in a family is like and I'm sure that she will be the key to my family's missing piece.

Chaemin (Nadine)'s POV

I must have been crying so much that I ended up falling asleep in Omma's arms. All I remembered was Omma and Chaeyoung unnie constantly trying to calm me down and reminding me that everything will be okay.

When I woke up, it was an unfamiliar sight. I was not sure where I was or what I was doing here. I was lying down in the middle of a huge bed. I wondered around and saw Chaeyoung unnie seated on a chair while using her laptop.

Since I was feeling scared all over again, I started crying and I think Chaeyoung unnie was startled to know I was awake and went straight to me and carried me. She tried to hush me and calm me down which somehow worked. She bounced up and down, brought me to the window to distract me before I finally got comfortable being with her. She gave me a kiss on the forehead and gave me pats on the back.

"It's okay Chaemin, I'm here. Don't worry. I'm here." She continuously said while stroking my hair.

Soon, Omma and Appa came back too, and they came back with food. Good thing they did because I was feeling hungry. They set up the food by the small table and gathered around to have their meal. Each one of them took turns to feed me so that they too can have their meal.

Every time Omma feeds me, Chaeyoung unnie will stare at me and smile every time I take a bite. I like Chaeyoung unnie. She keeps making me smile and laugh.

After our meal, Omma, Appa and Chaeyoung unnie started getting busy. They were packing up the toys and clothes in the luggage. While Appa and Omma handled the luggage, Chaeyoung unnie helped me with my backpack once again before carrying me out of the room.

"Are you ready Chaemin? Let's go to your forever home now!" Chaeyoung unnie said as we got into a car heading towards the airport.

We made it pass the immigration and was now seated by the glass window where I could see things I only saw in pictures.

"Airplane!" I said excitedly.

"That's right! We will be taking an airplane; will you be a good girl on the airplane?" Chaeyoung unnie asked.

I nodded my head and watched as some of the airplanes take off right in front of my eyes.

We boarded the plane and was escorted by a lady and a few big sized looking men. I got my own seat next to Chaeyoung unnie while Omma and Appa sat behind us. The chair was so big and there was a huge tv right in front of me.

I was scared to be on my own, so I started crying which caught Chaeyoung unnie's attention. I guess she isn't used to my abrupt crying because she gets startled every time I cry.

"Don't cry. Want to sit on my lap instead?" she asked.

I nodded and she gladly allowed me to get comfortable and then proceeded to buckle her seatbelt. We both looked outside the window and Chaeyoung unnie said something which finally hit me hard.