[16] The Unexpected News.

'In life, unexpected things can happen at any time. When it happens, it is important for us to be ready to face and tackle it.'

Prem Naresh

Chaeyoung's POV

"Oh, hey Chaemin. You're awake?" I asked as I quickly got up to adjust her blanket.

She groaned before looking around the room.

"Where am I?" She asked softly while holding on to the temple of her head.

"In the hospital. You passed out after playing volleyball." Omma replied as she went closer to Chaemin, clearly trying to hold back her tears.

"Oh. When can I go home?" She asked another question.

Omma, Appa and I looked at each other before we said, "Soon, honey."

She let out a small smile, out of relief.

At night, Chaemin looks like she was feeling a whole lot better as compared to when we saw her at the emergency room. She was still a little flimsy and weak so we helped her with her meals and made sure she gets ample rest.

When the time was right, I handed her the canvas I found at the art room.

"Is this yours?" I asked, wondering if it was really hers.

"Mhmm. I sketched it while I was in the art room. How did you know it's mine?" Chaemin took the canvas out of my hands excitedly, as if she had found a long lost treasure.

"I figured, it gives off your art style." I replied confidently.

"You know. It's because of this sketch that made me realise something." Chaemin said out of the blue as she continued starting at her work of art.

Just as I was about to ask her, there was a knock on the door, followed by my precious people.

"Chaemin, annyeong! How are you doing?" My members greeted as soon as the entered.

I looked over at Chaemin whose smile grew 10 times wider. And once again, my members are spoiling her with tons of stuff ranging from new toys to food and even stuff toys.

"Are you feeling better?" Tzuyu asked as she pat the girl's head.

"Mhmm. Now that I have all of you here, I'm feeling a lot better!" She exclaimed though her voice was a little hoarse.

Mina's POV

It was obvious that Chaeyoung and her family members didn't sleep the night. Chaeyoung's face was puffier. She'd normally be okay in the morning even if she cried the night before but considering how swollen her eyes and face were, clearly meant she was crying the whole night.

The smile they are putting on now, felt forced. I guess they're hiding something that my members and Chaemin are unaware of. Before my members entered the room, I could tell that the atmosphere was tense and heavy. As if there was still something else that was bothering them.

The room feels a little lively now that my members are here to entertain Chaemin.

"Chaemin. Please continue what you were going to say earlier on. Something about realising?" Chaeyoung suddenly brought up a topic.

All my members looked at her confused but then turned to Chaemin who was currently showcasing a sketch she did on a canvas.

"What do you see in this artwork unnies?" Chaemin asked us, making it seem like we were the students in her art class.

"A girl playing volleyball!" Dahyun answered.

"A girl drawing and painting the girl playing volleyball!" This time Momo answered.