[23] Acceptance.

'Accept the things to which fate binds you and love the people with whom fate brings you together but do so with all your heart.'

Marcus Aurelius.

Chaemin's POV

I became weak and helpless. All the energy I put in for the concert must have taken a toll on me. But it was worth it.

I woke up in the hospital with tons of needles being inserted in me. I could hear faint sobs but my vision was still blurry so I spoke instead.

"Who's there?" I asked with a soft voice.

"Omma, Appa, Chaeyoung unnie and Hyung are here." Omma said rushing to my bedside.

"How are you feeling, honey?" Appa asked as he stroked my hair.

"I'm tired. But it's okay. What happened anyway?" I asked with my eyes still barely open.

"You fainted after you left the stage last night. Why didn't you tell us you were in pain?" Omma scolded a little.

"I wasn't. I wasn't in pain. I was happy." I replied, giving them a confused yet sad expression.

"My dream finally came true. I performed and I was the happiest when I was on stage. And most importantly, all of you were there to see me perform." I continued, giving a weak smile.

While my family members tried to put on a fake smile, I asked, "Is my time up soon?"

I must have startled them because all of them were taken aback by my question.

"No, Chaemin ah. You still have time. Don't worry." Chaeyoung unnie said though it was a visible struggle for her to say it.

"That's good. There's still so many things I want to do." I said as I heave a sigh of relief.

Later that night, Twice members came to visit me at the hospital.

"How are you feeling Chaemin?" Asked Momo unnie who walked in with a bunch of chocolates and sweets in a basket.

"A bit tired. But I'm okay." I said while hugging the rest of the members who came in.

All of them gathered around my bed and I could see some of them with swollen eyes. I didn't want to question them and make things worse so I brought up something else.

"It's 6pm. You guys should have continued resting at home. You must have been tired from the concert yesterday." I said sounding concerned that they weren't getting enough rest.

"How could we? If we could, we would have visited you right after we heard about you but your family stopped us knowing that we would have been very tired." Jihyo unnie said defending herself and the members.

I smiled, "Thank you unnies."

Chaeyoung's POV

While my members are entertaining Chaemin in the hospital room, Omma, Appa and I are in the doctor's office for updates.

As the three of us sat down on the chair, visibly shaking out of nervousness, we too held our breaths hoping that the updates is the opposite of what we expected. 

Chaemin's doctor put his hands together before he spoke, "As you know, we were unable to do anything about her condition. We thought that the medication could buy us some time but.