Chapter 9 Fate Zero Arc 9

Your pov

The following night, mother's health was deteriorating and we haven't evacuated the house yet due to potential attacks.

You: Mom!

Artoria: Irisviel! Are you okay?

Irisviel: The enemy waited for Kiritsugu to leave... to strike us directly.

You: Judging by the brazen attacks and the amounts of lightning, it's Alexander.

Just as suspected, Alexander came by the front door but not in the way that we expected it. He wasn't even wearing his battle uniform. Skadi and Scathach readied themselves while Musashi took out her sword.

Alexander: Yo, Musashi, Skadi, Scathach, Y/N, Saber!

Artoria: Rider...

Alexander: I heard that you had a castle so I came to look around but this place looks so gloomy and why are you wearing such an ugly armour, Saber? Why aren't you wearing modern clothing?

You: What do you want from us?! I told you that we're on a truce!

Alexander: I know that, I came here because...

Alexander then takes out a barrel of what seems to be alcohol. Well, most likely.

Alexander: Let's have a drink! What are you waiting for!? Show me around! I'm sure you have a courtyard that is suitable for a banquet! This castle is dusty, I don't like it!

So he wants to talk huh? Well, alright then.

You: Scathach, Skadi, lower your guard, you too Musashi. If anything else comes, don't hesitate to kill them unless they are with me and Rider.

Skadi: Huh? Are you sure?

You: Affirmative

Alexander: That's the spirit, Kid!

Jalter: Can we really just trust this guy? Eh...

Jeanne: If Y/N says it'll be okay, then we'll be fine.

Time skip

Me, Irisviel, Musashi, Jalter, Jeanne, Alexander, Waver, and Artoria then went out towards the garden before Alexander breaks the barrel as he begins to drink with a tea ceremony cup. While mom, Musashi, and the Jeanne sisters were behind me

Alexander: The Holy Grail is only bestowed upon the worthiest of it. And the battle in Fuyuki is to decide who that person is. But if it isn't that way, then bloodshed is necessary. If all Heroic Spirits can agree on our rankings, then the matter is solved itself.

Alexander then pours a serving to Artoria as she drinks it all.

Alexander: I'm assuming you'll refuse it since you're too young to drink, right kid?

You: Yup.

Alexander: Alright then

Artoria: So, you would like to compare your rank against mine, Rider?

Alexander: Yes, you're correct along with the Kid in his fighting form. Since we are both kings and the kid is one in a way, this isn't something we can avoid. You can call this the Holy Grail Dialogue instead of the Holy Grail War. Who is the worthiest among us to be the King of the Holy Grail?

You: If this is a discussion between kings, I assume Gilgamesh will be here?

Alexander: Correct. The truth will reveal itself as we drink!

A golden light then appeared as we turned to see Gilgamesh