CHAPTER FIVE: TOXIC

CHAPTER FIVE: TOXIC
CHICAGO, IL

⚠️ WARNING ⚠️
This chapter contains the following: Domestic Violence

If this chapter triggers you I advise for you to wait until the next chapter or scroll pass. And if you witness someone that has experienced or currently dealing with domestic violence call this number: 1(800) 799-7233

~ KAYDENCE YOUNG ~

"I think I needed that more than you did." Kyree rubbed my bare back. I was laying on his chest. I felt guilty. Letting him come back after all he did.

Maybe this time he might do right.

"Mhm. I bet."  My phone dinged which made me look over at my nightstand. "You need that?" Kyree was about to reach over but I stopped him. "No that's nobody not Anyé. Me and her not cool right now." I lied partially. It could've been Anyé but most likely it's Von.

"Damn I ain't never think y'all was gone fall out." He said. "Yeah me neither." I said lowly to make it believable. "Let's go to sleep though." I changed the subject fast.

Kyree adjusted himself under me to get comfortable. I pretended to fall asleep with him. I made sure that he was sleep so I could reach to get my phone. It was Von. I looked up at Kyree to make sure he was still sleep. He was.

Maybe it's best I still leave his number without a contact. I smirked reading his message. I hope I'm not cheating if I'm not flirting back even though I still answer.

Over the weeks, Kyree and I was still going strong. In that same timeline I was still texting Von. We linked up a quite few times. Sometimes with Anyé and Muwop. Sometimes alone.

I was friend zoning him though but each time he would push harder. And the harder he pushed the more feelings I was starting to develop for him. So eventually I stopped texting Von back consistently and spent more time with Kyree.

Right now I was currently laying on him while he was playing the game. "Kay I'm hungry go make us some food." He smacked my ass with his left hand while his right hand held his controller.

"I-" I say, looking up at him. His ass was still glued to the game. I shook my head before getting up to go in the kitchen to find something to eat. I looked through the cabinets. We didn't have shit. "Bae we need to go to the grocery store. Ain't no food in here."

He smacked his lips. I guess he had to pause his game. "Ight' come on we gotta' hurry up." I rolled my eyes. His ass love his game more than me. Kyree grabbed my car keys off of the rack. He seemed like he was getting better. But his money was getting lower. I'm glad he wasn't out scheming but he needs to do something.

I let him drive us to Walmart. See stuff like this I enjoy doing with him. We have fun as a open couple. "You said you wanted baked macaroni right?" I turned back to Kyree as we walked through the aisles.

"Yeah I want some." He replied. "Okay ima' be right back. I gotta' get the velveeta block."

He nodded his head as his response. I left out of the bread aisle to go to the pasta aisle. "Aye! Kaydence!" I can't go nowhere without being seen. I looked up it was Muwop. "Muwop? What you doing here without Anye?"