CHAPTER FORTY-TWO: MINE

MIAMI, FL

~ DAYVON BENNETT | KING VON ~

"It's a girl..." Kaydence said over the phone with the sonogram pictures in her hand. Kema is having a boy while Kay is having a girl. I knew she was having a girl. I felt it.

"What you naming our baby girl gang?" I smiled at her on the phone. "Kaylin Ameris." When I heard that I fell in love. "That's pretty as hell shorty."

"Thank you. Are you ready for you and Kema's baby?" She asked. "I'm ready for both of my babies. My ghetto ghetto twins." I chuckled to lighten up the mood.

"Mhm." Kay looked away. By the look of her face I wasn't gonna' ask what's wrong. I wanted to try and keep the mood at ease or at least put a smile on her face.

"Don't look away from me wit' cho' pretty ahh." She tried to hide a smile from me by covering up her lips. I let out a loud laugh by her reaction. She started laughing right after that.

"I miss you." Kay looked down before trailing her eyes back on to the phone with a pout. "I miss you too but you got a bitch." She blinked her eyes, looking as if she wanted to cry.

"I know but Ima' make it right. Ima' make it right for us." I assured her. I want Kay to be mine forever. That's why I want to do right by her and the baby. Ima' start by giving her everything she want and end shit Asian.

I know that's what she really want. And Ima' give it to her. "I want you too Von. I want a family but what if we can't be a family by this baby not being yours? Are you still gonna' be feel the same way?" By the end of Kay's sentence she was in tears.

"Kay stop crying baby. Just like I told you before Ima' make it right. And you know how I feel about the baby. That baby is mine regardless of not having the same DNA. But I know Kaylin is mine."

Kay nodded her head and sniffled. "She's ours." Kay corrected. "You right." I smiled at her. She stopped crying and wiped her tears. "I wish I could be there right now to wipe ya' tears."

"It's okay I'm use to it." Kay replied. "Well when I come back shits gonna' change."

"When you coming back?" Kay asked. "I got another month and I'm coming straight to you. But aye I mean what I say shits changing." Kay nodded her head again. "Okay." She responds.

"But hey I gotta' go lil' folks. Take care of my shorty. I love you."

"I love you too." Kay smiled at me on the phone before we hung up our call. I hope she ready for a change. And that big change is us moving to Atlanta. And I'm coming way sooner than she thinks.

~ KAYDENCE YOUNG ~
CHICAGO, IL

The phone call with Von made me feel different. Of course Kaylin was reacting. It's like she senses Von's presence or voice.

Anytime I'm with Kyree she doesn't move or nothing. She'll kick but there's no other movement. I sighed rubbing my belly. She could be telling me something or she's taking in my emotions towards that person. But then what if she comes out looking like Von but ends up being Kyree's?

All this pressure when I should've waited to fuck Von. At that time it all felt so good until a baby came in the picture. I picked up her sonogram pictures.

"I'm gonna' try and be the best mom I can to you." I told her.

I really thought she was gonna' Be a boy but she fooled me.