CHAPTER NINETEEN: DEATH ROW

CHICAGO, IL

~ DAYVON BENNETT | KING VON ~

After, that shit with Kaydence I wasn't really in the mood of Asian and I date. There I go again thinking about her trifling ass. She broke my heart today on bro'. "You not gone eat?" Asian asked me.

"Nah my appetite a little fucked up. But shit I'll probably eat whatever you get though." I say, to make her smile a bit. "Ion share and you know that." Asian said, and I scoffed at her playfully.

"Yeah whatever. You sharing today gang." I say, making her laugh. "That couple at that table." She spoken, making me look at her in confusion.

"What couple?" I asked her. "You know what couple I'm talking about Von. Don't play dumb I saw you staring at them when we came inside." Asian said, making me feel all guilty and shit. But I couldn't let her know that.

"Nah... That was just my opps and his girl. This a bougie ass place I couldn't get up with them." I lied partially. "Why the fuck you ain't tell me that? I could've beat bitch's ass. While she was looking and shit. I thought that bitch was a fan or some'." Asian said with a mug.

It turns me on she with that gang shit. Asian can be the only woman I need but it's something about Kaydence that makes me addicted to her. Ion know if it's because she's soft or she just... I don't know.

Kaydence was suppose to be my girl but she turned into a goofy. A bigger goofy today especially since she going on dates and shit with a nigga who can't provide for her.

"Nah Shorty she wasn't. She was just looking for trouble."

"Well I like trouble. Too bad she couldn't see that." Asian muttered. I laughed at her inner thug coming out. "Chill out. They wasn't on nothing." I waved her off jokingly.

"Hmm." Asian scoffed. "Ion know the next time I see her won't be. I'm letting you know that now." Asian looked at me with a serious look.

"You know you cute wit' cho' inner thug coming out right?" I asked, to change her mood, and also to make her blush. "Thank you baby." She leaned up to kiss me on my lips across the table.

My phone was ringing on the table. Luckily it was on silent so she wouldn't notice. I glanced over a bit to see who's calling. It's Kema yet again. Her ass steady calling. I'm gone have to blow her back out one good time so she won't start that shit again until next month.

But nah I'm really tryna' focus on being loyal to Asian. I fucked up though with seeing Kaydence. But that kiss was more so the kiss of death. I was welcoming her ass to death row.

~ KAYDENCE YOUNG ~

The next day at work I felt a little better. Today we had a meeting but for some reason I was starting to feel queasy again. It felt hot in the room for some reason. I was praying to God silently but I guess my co workers starting to notice my panting.

"Kaydence are you okay?" They began to ask me. "Yes. I-I'm feeling... I feel fine." After I said those words my breathing hitched even more to where I passed out in the middle of the meeting.