Gil-galad's new sunrise

The Royal Court, Lindon, Middle-Earth

 The Royal audience's Court was a vast hall with a large open wall that gave the best view of the kingdom's seashore. Elrond stood at the very edge of the Court by a large and ancient golden tree, watching the horizon. The High King, Gil-galad, had summoned him, and now that Elanor was finally asleep in her room, resting after he had made sure her leg was all right and her slumber peaceful, he left to see the King.

He was pensively watching the sea, its waves hitting the shore repeatedly, as he recalled Galadriel's crossing and the pain it had caused Elanor to be left behind.

He heard the High King approaching behind him, the bottom of his long white and golden robe skimming over the floor, and he spoke as much for himself as for the King.

"Galadriel was so certain her search should continue."

The King finally stepped by his side, watching the seashore with him.

"We foresaw that if it had, she might have inadvertently kept alive the very evil she sought to defeat," he declared, turning slightly to Elrond as he spoke. "For the same wind that seeks to blow out a fire may also cause its spread."

The Half-Elf glanced at his King, and a slight frown materialised on his forehead that he tried to conceal. He wanted to ask something, but he was not sure he would not offend the King. Still, the question bothered him, so he decided to take the risk and ask.

"Do you believe the same for her sister, Lady Elanor?"

At his words, the King only smirked slightly, the arc of his lips quirking up discreetly as he observed the Half-Elf.

"Although they have been raised as sisters and share many traits, Elanor and Galadriel are not alike, but rather they are forces that complement each other. When Galadriel is obsessed with revenge, Elanor only seeks to respect a vow she made to the departed. She only ever seeks a way to heal her mended heart, even after over thousands of years," he added, turning his dark gaze toward the horizon. "There are some hurts that orphans and foundlings can never heal from, pain that the rest of us cannot start to comprehend."

Elrond briefly observed the King, mulling over his words. Galadriel did request him to watch over Elanor, especially after her departure. Now, he understood better, thinking that, indeed, it was not necessarily the fact that Elanor would not be able to follow her sister in her quest to seek out Sauron, which hurt her so profoundly, but the belief that she had been left behind once more. Galadriel had then whispered that even though she was far older than Elanor, she still could not start to comprehend the true depth of her sister's pain and the heartache she had carried since her childhood. Elrond's heart stung at the thought, silently wishing he could alleviate some of the sorrow that constantly afflicted the She-Elf. He thought that, perhaps, he should simply let her come with him; wherever it was, he would be going, but then, he wondered if she would want to dwell in such a simple life so far away from the battlefield.