Control is coming down

Eregion, Middle-Earth

After the odd conversation with Durin, Elrond went to see the Dwarven King with the prince to convince him to lend a hand to Lord Celebrimbor. The task had not been easy, the old King being even more stubborn than the dwarves usually were, but Durin, after many hours of conversing, had managed to persuade his father to help.

Now, Elanor and Elrond had returned to Eregion, followed by hundreds of dwarves, welcomed by Celebrimbor with a bright smile. The travel was long but entertaining, with Elanor walking among the dwarves and asking many questions about their cultures and the way they forged steel and gold and carved stone.

Despite himself, Elrond had been thankful Elanor spent the journey with the dwarves, allowing him to think about his feelings for her. Yet, he did find it strange that she did not come to find him at all, and in addition to all of that, Durin's words kept turning in his mind, and he could not help but wonder and hope that perhaps, one day, Elanor might look at him with the same adoration he had for her. But hope was a dangerous thing, and the fear that he might be wrong crushed his heart a little more.

However, it pushed all his doubts, fears, and hopes to the side when Celebrimbor asked him to join him in his office the following day after their arrival. As he reached the older elf's office, he wondered what Elanor was doing and thought he had caught sight of her by the construction site. He knocked and entered the room, immediately noticing Celebrimbor by a table, preparing the tea, the sweet fragrance of sage and honey spreading through the air.

"Greetings, my lord," Elrond approached the older elf with a smile.

"Good morning, Elrond," Celebrimbor greeted him as well, eyes on the teapot as he swirled the leaves and honey together.

Elrond, wanting to busy himself while waiting for Celebrimbor and noticing the great view of the worksite from the office, walked to one of the windows. The tower was progressing well, Celebrimbor's workforce having started before Elrond's return with the dwarves, but already, he could see how much more efficient the process had become, the scaffolding around the tower raising quickly amid the city.

"Elves and Dwarves working together... It is truly remarkable," he could not help but comment, eyes following the workers. He thought he saw a glimpse of familiar shiny brown hair, but it quickly disappeared among the workers, then on the city's streets. He shook himself slightly, forcing any thoughts of the She-Elf out of his mind before turning to Celebrimbor.

"It is everything you said it could be," the older elf added, nodding as he finished pouring the tea for them. "Come sit," he then called Elrond, showing the seat in front of him.

He sat, taking his cup before sipping the sweet beverage softly. There was a moment of latency when Celebrimbor observed Elrond with an odd look, tilting his head to the side as if seeing something the Half-Elf could not.