Recognizeable

6:00am

I woke up terrified, I looked around me and took in deep breaths to relax. This is nothing new to me, every day I have the same dream, or I should say nightmare.

I stayed there for a while. I used all the energy I had to get off of my bed, took about three minutes to adjust to reality.

6:11

I grabbed a white shirt with a collar and short sleeves, I also grabbed a vest that had a checkered heart pattern, the colors on it were light brown and dark brown.

I  grabbed any black pants, and these cute round glasses as an accessory.

I got in the bathroom and had a nice hot shower.

I stayed in there for a while, thinking about nothing and basically zoning in and out.

6:32

I got out, got dressed, and grabbed my keys and wallet to leave, I also wore a black puffy jacket, I'm not crazy, it's winter. The library is just a ten minute walk from here.

I plugged in my headphones and shuffled my play list.

Freaks - surfer cruise

I listened to the music flow in my ears and slightly smiled, humming along.

This song used to be kind of popular, but now most people forgot about it. It's sad really, it's an amazingly good song.

6:42

I arrived at the library, but I don't go there first, I go to the café next to it for breakfast, everyday. I'm basically a regular there.

I put on a fake smile for the day.

I walk in and un plug my headphones, welcomed by the sound of the bell on the door.

"Good morning Karl!"
"Morning Wilbur" I greeted.

Wilbur was someone who worked here, he's really nice, sometimes we'd have small talk. We weren't close friends, but we were kind of friends.

"The regular I suppose?"
"Yes please!"

I sat down at a table that only had two chairs, I always sat down at the same place every time, I took off my jacket and placed it on top of the chair I'm sitting on.

I looked around the small café.

I'm gonna miss this place when I leave.

Why not leave early?

I should, but I won't. Like I said, one last chance.

Whatever.

6:53

"Here you go, mind if I sit with you for a while?" Wilbur said placing a plate in front of me.
"No it's fine!" I said, he sat down and looked at me with a small glint of concern in his eyes.

"Why're you wearing that in the middle of December? It's freezing out side" he said looking out into the snow.

"It's alright, the jacket keeps me warm enough" I said grabbing a fork, I looked down at my food.

French toast with chocolate syrup, topped off with powdered sugar and cut out strawberries.

I started eating, Wilbur told me about a vacation he went to with his brother and father, I think their names were Phil and techno?. (o7 king. o7 in the comments ->)

They were an.. interesting family.

6:58

I payed for my food and waved good bye to Wilbur, I headed into the library next door.