The Bridge. (2)

~•~

Dear Dream,

Remember when we used to hang out at each others houses everyday? It's my favorite childhood memory.

I'm sorry I did this to you, I was planning this a long time ago, trust me when I say none of this was ever your fault. I guess I just wasn't meant to be here.

I hate to confess this but when my sister died, I felt nothing. But when you disappeared? I felt like there was nothing to live for anymore. And yes that's my fault.

I should've informed you that I changed my number and address, that was my mistake, not yours.

I loved you like a brother, I still do.

And don't mourn for me, instead be happy. Be happy that you have George, be happy that you have Sapnap, be happy that your happy with them, be happy that I'm free of the nightmares. Please, for my sake, try to be happy.

Don't let this stop you from enjoying life, this wasn't your choice but mine.

And keep making those cookies, it reminds me of when we used to bake some with your family.

Goodbye.

- Love
Your brother Karl

~•~

~•~

Dear George,

I'm sorry to do this to you, and to dream and sap. But it had to be done.

I'm not entirely sure but from what I see this could tear a wound that is still healing. Don't let this hurt you, continue healing; you deserve peace for once.

Don't worry, just know that I'm free, that this was my choice.

I really did enjoy hanging out with you three, you made it harder for me to leave, but I'm a man of my words.

Look after Dream for me, and smile. Even when there's nothing to smile about; I know you have it in you.

Smile, for their sake.

- Love
Karl

~•~

~•~

Dear sapnap,

I have no idea why but this is one of the hardest letters I had to write.

You have seen me break down more than anyone I know, so this is important to me. I'm sorry to do this to you, I'm sorry you feel that Dream and George don't pay attention to you, I'm sorry you had to see me in such a state, I'm sorry I left you like this, I'm sorry you don't feel wanted, I'm sorry that anyone made you feel unwanted, I'm sorry you had to read this, I'm sorry I loved you, I'm sorry that I'm the one apologizing and not them, I'm sorry.

But I need you to be happy, I need you to get through this. You have other things in life to prioritize over me.

I do have a favor, visit Wilbur everyday for me, go to the library for me, be happy for me.

I know it's too much to ask; but I need him to know that he'll be okay. That I'll be okay up there, or down you never really know.

And you'll be okay, you did everything you could. You mattered more to me than you think, you really did.

Take care of yourself sap, you earned it.

- Love
Karl

~•~

I folded them neatly and left, I hoped on my skateboard and headed out.

A few minutes later I made it to the bridge.

I placed my hands on the cold railing and stared down at the ocean. This is where my sister ended her life, and this is where I'm going to end mine.

Tomorrow.

Tomorrow night is the day I leave this earth.

1 day left..