Chapter 23

THE TWO OF US

CHAPTER 23

SIHLE

She's been staring at their pictures—her father's and hers— searching for any resemblance. Is it her eyes or there's nothing at all?
She throws the cellphone on the bed and follow suit. This is bullshit! That woman is lying. Her mother was kind, loving and caring. She wouldn'tsomething as worst as cheating. Not on that men, she really loved him.

She goes to the kitchen to get herself some snack. She hears her father's voice walking down the stairs. Maybe she should talk to him. She finds him standing in the living room conversing with his favorite kids, brushing their heads in affection. Her heart breaks at the thought of when was the last time he did that to her. Maybe when she was still...ten? She pushes the thought away and opens her mouth to say, 'babana' when you when I say get a good little bit bit of her father's eyes immediately immediately she after and after her she first had had started her back 🔙 to u to yi to u to I fall to her exposed thighs. She's in a mini skirt and a tank top. He's the one who told her to wear however and whatever she likes. Why is he looking at her so son can of course be in a disapprovingly? Is he? No! He isn't? It's more like he's salivating over them. She fights the uneasy feeling. She must be mistaken.

"I need to go out," she says rushing to the front door because this house is suffocating her and she really needs some fresh air.

"Yey! Not in those," he points at her mini skirt. She's standing a few feet away from him. He looks at her like he's taking her all in. "This..." he says moving his hand up and down at her height then he tap her ass saying, "This is only for me to see. I didn't raise you for cheese boys driving their parents' car to see you."

By the time he finishes what he's saying she's already by the door. This can't be the same men that her mother loved! A tear drops from her eye as she exit the gate.

                               ****

NOKUKHANYA MTHEMBU

She's just taken a shower, it's been a very long day, a busy one. At least they took a flight from King Shaka International Airport to OR Tambo otherwise she would dead tired right now. She sighs taking her cell phone and dialing Ukhona's number. She's never regreted the decision of taking her to stay with her more than now. She'll be fine though. At least her father's people will take her to school and all that. Her nerdy daughter is studying because what else can she do? Sometimes she even wish to tell her to take a break. So she tells her that she arrived safely and tell her about the love she has for her. Even though She is not

She switches her PC on, just to check if everything is in order. She's always been the organised type, a hard worker too. As much as she was head over heels for Bheka in high school, she was book smart and worked hard when she had to. Her hardworking trait dominate after learning that she was to raise a whole human being on her own. Her mother was there for her, of course. In every aspect but she didn't want to put all the burden on the poor woman's shoulder. She was going through a lot already.  So she had to lie on the bed she had made.

So when she enrolled at University of Zululand, she had to change habits. She had to stop day dreaming about tall and dark guys and focus her goals. She dated a couple of times but she had to remember that she left a child back home. So she had to be  the type that studies inside the bus to the campus. The type that write the assignment on the very same day and be the first to submit it either. After some time, it became a normal thing that it never left her. Even as a teacher, she was the type of a teacher that the pupils don't like because she never missed her period. When the bell rang, she was already waiting by the door. But they liked her at the same time because she was nice and the easiest to talk to. She misses her kids, you know.
This has followed her until now, she was going to make a good administrator but the PA position suit her better. It's Bheka she didn't like... No man! She doesn't like. Why is she speaking in the past tense?
Anyways, she didn't notice this until now. She loves her job because it allows her to be the type of woman she is. She doesn't have to try.

There's a soft knock on her door just as she's about to shut the computer down and call it a night. There's a big day ahead. She didn't order room service. So who the hell it is? She's heard of stories like this. Where people get kidnapped in....

*IT'S ME* a text pop up on her screen. She sighs rolling her, a small smile, that she isn't aware of, playing on her lips.

She goes to open the door and their eyes lock like they didn't expect to see another while they knew who was behind the door.

"Uhm...you should...come in. I guess," she says making a space for him to walk in.

"Please don't tell that you're working," he says his eyes finding the laptop on the bed.
She just shrug.

"I guess you love your job that much. "

"Of course I do," she says still not finding a reason why he's in her room.

"I so wish Siphosethu felt the same," he says deep in his thoughts.
They sit on the bed in silence. He probably want to say something.

"I'm sorry...Khanyo," he says out of the blue.

She frowns, "What are you apologizing for?"

"I