S1; CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE
CHAOS IN...HAWKINS?

"SOMETHING IS COMING

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"SOMETHING IS COMING. Something hungry for blood."

Mabel Pierce annoyedly rolled her eyes from her position sitting on Mike Wheeler's comfortable couch, the girl crossing her arms as she slumped further down on it. "When are you guys going to finish your stupid game? I'm bored!"

"Shhh!" Lucas widened his eyes as he placed a finger over his mouth and briefly glanced at Mabel. "Just read another magazine, or the paper, or something."

Mabel impatiently threw her hands up in exasperation at his words. "I've read them all! Five times!"

This time, Dustin, Lucas, Will, and Mike each shot her annoyed glares as they all frustratedly exclaimed in unison. "Shhhh!"

At their collective protest, Mabel held her hands up in a surrender motion and went back to reading her magazines, huffing quietly as she did so. "Someday, you'll miss all of my nagging..."

Choosing to ignore Mabel's words, Mike faced the boys again, catching their attention as he continued in an ominous tone. "A shadow grows on the wall behind you, swallowing you in darkness."

Dustin wiped the space under his nose quickly as he attentively watched Mike, the boy completely focused on their 'Dungeons and Dragons' game.

"It is almost here."

"What is it?" Will chimed in curiously as he eagerly awaited Mike's next words.

"Boredom." Mabel mumbled under her breath as she flipped the page in the magazine she was reading.

"What if it's the Demogorgon?" Dustin worriedly glanced between Will, Mike, and Lucas. "Oh, Jesus, we're so screwed if it's the Demogorgon."

Will slumped down in his seat and released an overwhelmed sigh at Dustin's words.

Mike grinned evilly as he intently shifted his gaze between the nervous boys.

"It's not the Demogorgon." Lucas raised his eyebrows at Dustin, trying to remain optimistic.

"An army of troglodytes charge into the chamber!" Mike announced, slamming a board game figurine into the middle of the board on the table that separated the boys.

"Troglodytes?" Dustin clarified, the word coming across as a question due to his surprise.

"Told ya." Lucas teased with a cheeky grin, the boys releasing giggles at the words.