S1; CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
RECRUITING STEVE HARRINGTON

CHAPTER EIGHTEENRECRUITING STEVE HARRINGTON

"IT'S HERE." JONATHAN began as he hurried over to the table to grab the bat, Athena holding the frying pan up defensively as she gripped on to its handle tighter.

"Wait, what's here?" Steve disbelievingly inquired, eyes widening at Athena and Jonathan's odd actions. "Where is what- woah! Easy with those!"

"Where is it?" Nancy called over the sound of the lightbulbs rapidly flickering on and off, Jonathan and Athena hurrying over to join her as they formed a small circle in order to cover every base.

"I don't know." Jonathan shook his head cluelessly.

"I don't see it." Athena concurred as she furrowed her eyebrows, the girl whipping around to try and locate the creature, the urgency of the situation now heightening instantly.

"Where is what?!" Steve yelled, eyes wildly darting between the trio as he was utterly stunned at the entire scene, which seemed to only increase in its incomprehension.

Neither of the other three answered him as they were clearly preoccupied with their current quest, Steve's eyes widening as his voice increased in tone. "Hello?! Will someone please explain to me what the hell is going o-"

Interrupting Steve's quickly-strung words, the sound of a loud thud caught their collective attention, each of them now whipping around to face the roof, which was now completely caving in, the Demogorgon's long, stringy arms gradually tearing through the thick mahogany.

Nancy shot at it, though her attempts were to no avail as all the Demogorgon did in response was cry out angrily and continue to rip through the roof, Jonathan advancing towards Nancy, wrapping his arms tightly around her waist, and pulling her back towards him and Athena. "Go! Go, run, go!"

Steve was entirely filled with paralysing bewilderment as he stared at the Demogorgon with limitless terror, Nancy just grabbing his hand and securely pulling him with the group as they hurried into another room, neither of them missing the booming roar the Demogorgon let out.

"Jump!" Athena called out as Steve had no choice but to follow her orders, the boy jumping over the bear trap as each of them now entered one of the bedrooms.

Steve, throughout all of this journey, was yelling out petrified, "oh my god!", screams, the boy not being able to conceptualise what he just witnessed.

As Steve stumbled into the room behind the trio, he darted his eyes wildly between the group. "Jesus, what the hell was that?! What the hell was that?!"