S1; CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SIX
FINDING WILL BYERS

"EL!" MIKE CALLED as he approached Eleven, Mabel, Lucas, and Dustin in tow as the party rolled their bikes alongside them

Eleven turned to face the four at the interruption, snapping out of the memories of the lab that she was reliving in her mind, and hesitating momentarily before nodding.

"Hop on." Mike patted his bike seat as the group comfortably sat on their bikes. "We only have a few hours."

As soon as Eleven sat on the back of Mike's bike seat, hands tightly gripping onto his shoulders, the group began to ride their bikes down the mini hill in determination, each of them confident that they could find Will themselves.

"How's the tutoring thing going?" Joshua started as he stood beside Athena, who had now shut her locker door, the two beginning to make their way out of Hawkins High.

Athena scoffed, shaking her head in disbelief at her own following words. "Every day, I'm under the impression that an hour can't possibly feel any longer than sixty minutes, but every time I tutor Harrington, it somehow becomes the most painful hour I have ever experienced. And each day just tops the previous one. Every single time."

Joshua huffed out an amused chuckle, shaking his head and itching his cheek as he tried to conceal his amusement by briefly covering his smirk. "I'm sorry, that's not funny..."

"No, you can laugh." Athena blew out a defeated breath, waving him off. "It's unbelievable."

As the pair walked towards the car park, they continued conversing, filling the time before they approached their respective cars.

"He's a jackass, but I'm sure you'll get used to it." Joshua just shrugged, trying to send her some reassurance.

Athena shifted her eyes to Joshua at the advice, the girl nodding as she faced the car park after a few seconds. "Yeah. I guess..."

"If you still need someone to complain to, though..." Joshua's eyebrows quirked upwards as he faced the girl, purposely letting his voice trail off as he sent the girl a small smirk.

Athena huffed a chuckle as she nodded. "I'll keep that in mind."

The two approached Joshua's car, both of them saying their goodbyes and Athena watching him drive away before making her way to her car.

As soon as the girl arrived at her car, unlocking it and putting her backpack in the passenger's seat, an irritating voice interrupted Athena's movements. "What time?"