S1; CHAPTER EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT
THE FACELESS MAN

THE FOLLOWING DAY, Mabel had gone straight to Mike's house once her family had all dispersed to their respective locations, Eleanor and Dave at work and Athena at school, the girl meeting up with Dustin and Lucas on the way, and the trio biking to...

THE FOLLOWING DAY, Mabel had gone straight to Mike's house once her family had all dispersed to their respective locations, Eleanor and Dave at work and Athena at school, the girl meeting up with Dustin and Lucas on the way, and the trio biking to Mike's together.

Mabel had proposed the intelligent idea of giving Eleven a makeover so she didn't look too out of place, in order for the group to successfully sneak her into school to use the Heathkit—it was quite well-received, despite the suggestion being the default victor, as the rest of the party had no other ideas of their own to propose.

Mabel grinned in accomplishment as she sat back in her seat, pulling the makeup brush away from Eleven's face once she finished her task. "All done. You look pretty, El."

"'Pretty'." Eleven repeated quietly, slowly enunciating the word as she comprehended its meaning, eyebrows quirking upwards as Mabel nodded in agreement.

A knock on Nancy's bedroom door—where the girls were currently residing in, as well as who the makeup belonged to—, caught their attention, Mike's voice sounding from the other side. "We found something for El to wear, can we come in?"

"Wait!" Mabel sprang up, dropping the makeup on Nancy's desk and hurrying to the door, which Mike was now beginning to swing open, the girl quickly pushing it back and causing it to slam shut again.

"Woah, what the hell?!" Mike exclaimed.

"Is she naked or something? Not again!" Dustin called, resulting in Mabel rolling her eyes in exasperation and shifting her attention to Eleven again, who had raised her eyebrows at all the yelling.

Mabel then opened the door slightly, sticking her head out to conceal Eleven, additionally holding her hand out as she spoke up. "Hand over the goods."

Mike frowned in absurdity, stepping forward and trying to catch a glimpse of the superhero, before Mabel hurriedly moved her head in front of him to continue acting as a barrier. "Give. Me. The. Goods, Wheeler."

"Okay." Mike widened his eyes as he just shoved the baby pink dress and blonde wig in Mabel's hand, not wanting to encourage her delusional behaviour more than he needed to.

"Thank you." Mabel flashed him a wide grin as she moved back and harshly slammed the door shut again, causing Mike to slightly jump back at the abrupt action.

A few minutes later, Mabel opened the door, keeping it ajar, and stepped out, gesturing to Nancy's room with both hands as she cleared her throat and spoke up loudly. "Presenting...Eleven!"