S1; CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO
ELEVEN

"ATHENA!" MABEL SHOUTED as she stumbled off her bike and dropped it next to the side door, swinging it open and slamming it behind her as she ran inside, then immediately sprinting towards the stairs

"ATHENA!" MABEL SHOUTED as she stumbled off her bike and dropped it next to the side door, swinging it open and slamming it behind her as she ran inside, then immediately sprinting towards the stairs. "Athena!"

"Hey- no running in the house, Mabel!" Eleanor called out, furrowing her eyebrows as she watched Mabel run through the dining room from her position on the couch in the living room.

Eleanor stood up and walked a few steps closer to her youngest daughter before stopping halfway and sighing annoyedly, as Mabel ignored her words and continued her frantic journey. "How many times do I need to repeat myself?"

Not bothering to kick off her shoes before heading upstairs, Mabel shouted loudly and ran towards Athena's room. "Thena!"

Hearing Mabel quickly advancing towards her room, Athena furrowed her eyebrows and stood up from her previous position sitting at her desk as Mabel burst into her room out of breath. "A...the...na..."

"Woah, May, slow down." Athena frowned, her eyebrows creasing inwards in concern as she observed her sister's exhausted exterior. "What's wrong?"

Mabel took a brief moment to catch her breath, a somber expression overtaking her features as she answered sadly once her chest wasn't hurting from the extraneous exercise she had just undergone. "Will's missing, and we have to look for him."

Athena's face dropped, and her heart sank at the harrowing news. "Will's missing? Are you sure?"

Mabel swallowed the thick lump in her throat as she nodded in confirmation. "Chief Hopper asked Dustin, Lucas, Mike and I if we saw him earlier today."

Sympathy flashed across Athena's face as her tone softened. "Are you guys okay?"

Before Mabel could respond, the house phone rang from downstairs, Eleanor answering it and holding it to her ear as she spoke up. "Hello? Oh, Joyce! Hi, how are you?"

At the sound of their mother's muffled voice talking to Joyce Byers on the telephone downstairs, Athena and Mabel shared a glance and hurried down to overhear the conversation.

"No, Will's not here. Yes, I can ask Mabel. Absolutely, no problem. Of course, I'll ask Athena, too. Yeah, they're right here. Give me a second."

Noticing her two daughters peering into the room from the corner, Eleanor blew out a breath at their behaviour and gestured for the two of them to join her. "Girls, have either of you seen Will Byers?"