S1; CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN
SHOULD I STAY OR SHOULD I GO?

THE NEXT MORNING, Mabel had biked to Mike's house, only informing her sister of her whereabouts and not saying a single word to Eleanor and Dave

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

THE NEXT MORNING, Mabel had biked to Mike's house, only informing her sister of her whereabouts and not saying a single word to Eleanor and Dave.

Mabel was currently sitting beside Mike on his couch, the girl flipping through a magazine, while Mike was looking at a picture Will drew of the party.

Eleven was sitting in the tarp Mike had made for her, fiddling with Mike's walkie-talkie in an effort to try to find Will.

"Can you please stop that?" Mike inquired, although his tone was abrupt, sending Eleven a fleeting glare as he went back to the drawing a moment later.

As Eleven disregarded Mike's question, she lowered her head down and continued to play around with the walkie, trying to find the right frequency.

"Are you deaf?" Mike glared at the girl, but his hurtful words had no avail, Mabel watching as Eleven continued to fiddle with the walkie-talkie. "I thought we were friends, you know? But friends tell each other the truth. And they definitely don't lie to each other. You made us think that Will was okay, that he was still out there, but he wasn't. He wasn't!"

"Mike, relax." Mabel furrowed her eyebrows at the harshness of the boy's words.

"Maybe you thought you were helping, but you weren't. You hurt me. Do you understand? What you did sucks. Lucas was right about you. All along." Mike ignored Mabel's interjection as he continued scolding Eleven, who was now focused on Mike, eyes filling with sadness and shame as she listened to his rant.

As if on cue, the faint sounds of Will quietly singing to 'Should I Stay or Should I Go?' by The Clash suddenly sounded from the walkie-talkie, both Mabel and Mike's heads snapping up to face Eleven at the sound.

Mabel shared a bewildered glance with Mike, eyes wide as the pair were now filled with confusion. "Is that...?"

Without another warning, the two hurried over to join Eleven, Mike grabbing the walkie-talkie from her hands and holding it up to his face as he desperately spoke into it. "Will, is that you?! It's Mike and Mabel! Do you copy? Over."

Not a single sound, apart from the crackling of the walkie-talkie, was heard.

"Will, are you there?" Mabel curiously inquired, leaning closer to Mike in order to speak into the device.

"Will?!" Mike called, but once again, no response.

Facing Eleven, both Mabel and Mike glanced at her hopefully, Mike soon speaking up after a brief moment of silence. "Was that...was it...?"