Forever hold your peace

Alara

The whole world stopped the moment my eyes met his. And had this been another world, another reality, another universe I would have been the happiest I had ever been. I would be swimming with warmth, the feeling of his eyes dragging over my frame as his lips quirked into the most graceful of smiles.

And I mean a real smile.

Not his smirks, not his grins, not his grimaces, his real smile.

His perfect smile.

And had it been anything else but that I would have crumbled.

This is why I was crumbling because there was no smile, no grin, no grimace, no smirk. There was nothing, nothing at all.

Nothing at all in eyes that were usually so expressive, there was nothing at all, like it wasn't even Cameron there. 

And then the moment passed and something sparked within them. My head lifted slightly as I saw it, like a rushing wave pouring over the banks of a beach, hurtling towards me as I shrieked at its salty spray, so much emotion.

From nothing to everything there ever was.

I couldn't breathe.

He cared so much, so much that even the flicker of a spark in his eyes could fill me with an insurmountable feeling of comfort. Even when we were in the midst of hell, his smile was a lifeline that would always wrap itself around me leading me to safety.

I didn't even notice when my father slipped behind me, he wrapped his roughened hands against my cuffs, and I tightened my hold on them. I heard him grunt, as though he was having difficulty getting them off, and I knew why. Because they weren't even locked anymore.

Then with the whole world, watching, with so much pooling through me, I let the cuffs go they fell to the ground with clutter and I was running, running like I never had before, and I couldn't think or breathe, or do anything other than move.

There were shouts behind me, an uproar of emotion but I drowned it out, because I didn't care, they couldn't shoot me dead, they needed me. And right at that moment, feeling there was nothing else to lose in the world. I lost control. I unravelled, so much so that I could only see him, the only tether that hadn't freed itself from me was the connection that pulled us together.

The shouting, the madness, the chaos, none of it did anything to me. 

I was pelting don't the red aisle, and Cameron was staring at me, frozen in place and at that moment, I only thought one thing.

Fuck it.

I was in his arms in a matter of seconds, and I couldn't control myself, in a haggard daze, I grasped his face and pressed my lips against his in the most searing kiss. Pressing hard and being hungry for the taste of him, just to know he was here, he responded immediately, pulling me into his arms, wrapping strong hands against my waist the other on my face, and his eyes fluttered closed, and the world fell away, apart, everything but holding itself together.

And I couldn't let go, I felt him, his gentle caresses, his loving kiss, a kiss that was a promise of forever.

The shouting didn't cease, I could hear the fury of both our fathers but I didn't give a shit about them. All I needed in the world was right here in my arms.

He pulled back breaking the kiss with reluctance like he too didn't want this moment to end. He held me tight and whispered, "What did I tell you about getting kidnapped again?"

And I threw my head back laughing no more the painted perfect bride, but rather a deranged one who only had eyes for her lover, "It's not like I do it on purpose,"