Oblivion

Cameron

We were about to exit the hall, the chaos had subsided as much as it could given the situation, of finding new family members or being swarmed by the cavalry that had been called to save us.

It was then the priest who had married us came rushing up to me, "Cameron? My wife, my family do you know where they are," his tone was desperate his eyes wide and his shirt rumpled, he didn't look like the father of a church but more like a lost soul that needed the reassurance of something more reachable than the Divine.

Echo stepped forward, "I think I know where they are, where I found Connor there were two other rooms, all locked with biometric locks, my bet is that they're there. I'll take you to them, now that I can open the doors, it shouldn't be too hard to find them."

"Thank you, thank you so much," he rushed out, "May God bless you," and then he was off running forward out of the door with Echo racing after him.

A small smile wormed its way onto my face, I hoped everything went well for the man that had married us, that had the courage to ask for any objection, who stayed true to his beliefs, and I hoped he would have the foresight to move far away from here. Such defiance against my father would not go unpunished. And I was sure, more than anything that it had been Damon Mortello that had dragged him off.

They would come back stronger, with the more callous gangs that were loyal to them with a thirst for bloodshed all the consequences be damned.

"We need to go, Cam," Alara's soft voice flowed over to me as she took my hand. My eyes drifted to our interlaced fingers and in a moment of vulnerability, I prayed she would never let go. Never leave my side, and never be hurt again.

But it would be foolish to believe any of that would be possible.

"Cameron?" her voice and eyes were full of concern, sparkling gems of so many emotions I was worried how it didn't flow from her eyes in tears of gold.

"Oh yeah, let's go," And we were off, following Alonso out. There was wreckage everywhere, from where the Vipers loyal to me had burst through, crumbling plaster and broken slabs of stone and brick, the soft pale vomit green of the walls was still as offputting as ever. And soon we were pelting down the hallway each of us with various weapons, poised and ready to be used with deadly accuracy.

Alara held onto my mother's gun like it was a lifeline, firm and unwavering in her hands. And the rest of us did the same with our less symbolic standard weapons. 

My gun was silver, shining more than the others which were the same black, I liked it to be silver so that it would be easy to locate, it would shine in the darkness, drawing me towards it if I ever was parted with it. Leo had found it for me and handed it to me when they made their grand entrance.

"I think you'll be needing this," he said like he was in a movie and his grin was as dazzling as any Hollywood star. If all else failed Leo would be a great actor.

He had twirled it between his fingers and handed it and mimed tossing it to me before placing it into my hands with a firm grip, "It's good to have you back man,"

And that was all he said before he helped with clearing people out. Mostly the children who had been struck by all that had occurred. Everyone that was innocent in all of this had fled, some were just there because they had heard that they would get to see, her.

To see Alara, the rumoured Blood Queen.

It was an awful name to give someone so delicate and beautiful but I knew more than anyone there was unmatched anger flowing inside her, rage that could spark and destroy everything around her.