Bite Me

Alara

Infuriating didn't even begin to describe how I was feeling. I was glowering at the seat in front of me and I had a scowl etched on my face.

"Stare at it any harder and you'll set it on fire," Cameron's smooth comforting voice floated through the empty space between us. There was a partition separating us from the driver, and my father. He had insisted on being in the same car as us, as though he even cared what happened to me.

20 fucking years he had left me thinking that I had a father that didn't even love me. I had tried to convince myself that Damon Mortello held some sort of affection for me, he always regarded me differently than how he did Theo. He only ever used me to get what he wanted and now I understood why.

There was something that I couldn't make sense of, when I had finally cut him off when I had yelled to him to go to hell, he had shouted with more passion than I had ever heard him before.

I am your father you will not speak to me like that.

And he had said it will all his heart. He had said it as though he truly was my father, and I wasn't sure if I was a fool to believe it or if there was something more there.

"I really do feel like setting something on fire," I quipped back at him and he had become so used to my antics that he didn't even bat an eye at the confession.

"So I've married a pyromaniac with a deadly shot," he smirked at me, with all the fervour that he had shown me the other night, "Good to know," and then in a low whisper as he leaned close to me, "Darling,"

I would never get sick of that word. It made me want to melt into a puddle in my shoes, but more so melt into his arms, and right now I needed that more than anything so before he could even get another word out my lips were pressed against his, with more hunger than before, it was like I thought everything was changing and maybe it was, I needed to cling to the only constant in my life.

And as my hands pressed against his chest, feeling the elevated heartbeat and smiling against the kiss, and even more so when I heard him let out a groan, "Alara, the things you do to me,"

I pulled back, and he seemed disappointed, my eyes were wild as I said, "No, not Alara, darling,"

He laughed as he pressed soft lips against my own, whispering in the most intimate way, "Yes, darling," and I think I was about to have a heart attack. Knowing that I had Cameron Grayson prepared to do anything for me.

The most ruthless man I had come to know, a man who would kill, who would come home drenched in blood, a man who I should be afraid of but I couldn't bring myself to. And if that was a mistake I would brandish it like a trophy I had one at a science fair.

Soon his hands were all over me, feathering over each curve in gentle caresses that shouldn't be possible for this man to do, to be so careful coaxing out contented sighs, through the art of touch. Kissing me roughly before sweetening each taste with the softest of murmurs against my lips.

I couldn't let go of him, my fingers curling around his shirt and pulling him closer, I couldn't get over how intoxicating this all was, and here he was, my husband.

It felt weird to say, to know that I was inexplicably tied to someone for the rest of my life, but I didn't feel afraid even of that because I didn't want anyone else to be this close to me ever.

I wanted this moment to last forever, and I was sure he did too.

There was a storm in both of our eyes like an earthquake, shattered brown and green fighting for each other, and there was something so irrevocably stolen from us that made every touch a blessing that may not last forever.