Bow or Bend

Cameron

If I were to die now, I would die the happiest man alive.

She had said it, she had said her name was Alara Grayson, she was my wife, mine in name, mine in body and soul, and I would never let her go.

I would kiss her until the world disappeared, even as everything collapsed around us I would hold her against me and never let her slip through my fingers again. I would protect her with my all, I would give my life for her. I would do whatever she asked.

It was at that moment, I realised.

I would bend for her.

"We need to go," she mumbled though still not detaching herself from me, still pulling me into another kiss, we were addicted to each other and neither one of us was trying to get sober.

"Should we or should we stay here," I murmured against her soft lips and she let out a groan before finally conceding and pushing me away.

"As much as I'd love that I've already angered Vincent enough, we can't be late for this event. He needs to solidify my position here," she explained as she landed back on the ground and linked her arm with mine pulling us from our little secluded corner.

"You have nothing to prove, I hope you know that darling," I said with a serious tone, I didn't want her to overwork herself, holding herself to impossible standards that I knew would bear down on her, a weight she always seemed to bear, and willingly at that.

"I know, but I still have a question for you, how did you know? Diego, he made it, it seems impossible from that far out, I shot him twice he would have bled out if no one helped him," she had concern painted across her face as she always seemed to have. She cared even for someone who had threatened both her and her brother.

Her heart was that pure.

I smiled knowing causing her to stop and stare. She looked at my grin and back up at my eyes that adorable tinge of confusion on her features, her lips curling into a pensive frown and button nose scrunching as she tried to read my mind, despite her lack of telepathic abilities.

"What," she spoke softly, as I chuckled lightly. She hit my shoulder, "What is it Cam, why are you laughing?"

I laughed, even more, a low rumble that ran through me heightened even more when she shoved my shoulder again, "Fine I'll tell you," but I proceeded to stay silent for another few seconds more just to get a moment longer of that adorable look of confusion.

"Go on then tell me!"

"Well, you know how your father said none of his men could help, well I'm not one of his men," I explained and the realisation hit her immediately.

"You helped him!" she all but shrieked throwing her hands around me and wrapping me into a tight hug, "But how, I mean why?"

"I knew you never wanted him to die. You shot him in places that could incapacitate him at most, but I saw your face when your father said no one could help him. I know it would have destroyed you to know that you had a man's death on your conscious, and though he seemed to not want my help especially since it is a pretty big blow to a man's ego to be carried bridal style by someone half his age, I guess dying isn't that good of a deal either."

There was love in her eyes as a single tear dripped from her eyes, she held me tighter than before if that was even possible, "How do you know me so well?"

"You are my wife, it's my job to know you inside and out," and she flushed at that, a red that I shouldn't have expected from her, taking a whole new meaning to my words.

"Oh darling are you thinking scandalous things," I whispered into her ear, loving how she froze up before swatting me once more. She really did seem to either be hitting me or kissing me.

I was all for physical contact in any form so I didn't mind, plus her jabs hardly hurt, "I was thinking no such thing. I am a dignified woman,"

"You are are you?" I bent down to place a kiss on her lips, soft and fleeting, "If you're so dignified, leave it at that, don't kiss me back," It was an absurd thing to say as I carved her touch, the soft murmur of her lips on mine and as she stared back at me, cheeks heated and I knew she wanted to, to pull me down and kiss me once more with the intensity of a dying star.

"Go on Alara, give in, you know you want to," I goaded her trying to push her to the edge.

I watch as she tiptoed up and I was sure she was going to cave and kiss me I was prepared for it but her lips grazed past my cheeks, to my ear, "There's one thing you forget Cameron Grayson,"

"And what is that sweetheart?"

"A Queen bows to no one."