Farther than ever

Alara

The world was spinning. None of this could be true.

My heart constricted as I tried not to let the sickness in my stomach spread, my arm grabbed onto Cameron to balance myself.

"Darling?" his voice was smooth and comforting, and I felt I was going to collapse, but not like this. Not with all the chaos not with my so-called uncle before, not when I had just declared myself as the Queen of Blood.

I needed to be strong now more than any over time. There were what felt like a thousand eyes on me, wedding guests I didn't even know staring at me with eyes that held something I hadn't seen in a long time.

Respect.

Unwavering respect, and then as though the world wanted to mock me further, some people began to fall to their knees, "What's happening?" all the confidence in my voice had flaked away and I felt more overwhelmed than I ever had.

Alonso turned with a grin on his face, "They are bowing to their queen,"

"This is absurd, I'm not a real Queen," my voice was sharper now than it had been before, and I was half shouting at the crowd, I must have looked completely deranged with my ripped dress and blood all over me, "I just said that because it uh.." and then in the most stupid tone, so juvenile I whispered, "Because it sounded cool."

And at that, Cameron chuckled softly, pulling me close to him, "You'll always be a Queen in my eyes, but it is a bit weird," his gaze raked over these unnamed people bowing their heads at me, and it took everything in me not to laugh.

"Can you make them stop?" I asked Alonso who seemed to be the only one with real authority here, there was a swarm of guards that didn't appear to belong to either the Wolfsbane or the Vipers loyal to Cameron, "Are those you're men?"

"Yes Alara dear, and of course, I can make them stop," he turned around the crowd and with a stern voice instructed, "All of you should rise. And you should not boy but hang your heads in shame, coming to this, celebrate a coerced marriage, and now your loyalties sway like the wind. You are not worthy of the Blood Queen,"

Still a little distraught by the title I poked Alonso's arm softly, "Again, I'm not really sure if I want to be the Blood Queen,"

He gave me an easy smile, "It is those that do not want power who are the most deserving of it. And you Alara dear are the most deserving of it,"

"I have to agree," Cameron added smoothly, his eyes sparking as he looked at me, "My wife," My heart soared at those simple words. Giving me a new wave of energy expelling the sickness deep in my heart and replacing it with only the purest of loves, "Deserves to be a Queen."

"I guess that makes you king," I added softly placing my palms in his and interlacing out fingers before pressing a light kiss onto his lips.

He looked speechless, his face tinged with the slightest red that no one else, would notice, you had to be close, so close you could feel his heartbeat to see it. And what a beautiful thing it was to see.

Cameron Grayson, blushing.

"No Alara, a Queen doesn't need a king, I am anything but a king, but I will be your protector if you'll let me,"

"And I yours, that's how this works. We will be there for each other, through everything, and now we need to sort out this mess. Because I don't quite believe it, I can't just accept that I'm not who I thought I was. I'm Alara Mortello, " and I paused a moment before flashing a wicked grin at Cameron, "Alara Mortello Grayson,"

And I don't think even the brightness of the moon could contend with that of the smile that broke out across Cameron's face. 

"I can't be Alara Torres, I don't even know this Vincent who you claim to be my father. Sure I have a bit of Italian in me, but that's from generations ago, I can't be who you say I am. I can't be your niece you must be wrong,"