Prep

A/N: I got it all sorted now. Postage will still be haphazard because of my own nature, but I got everything fixed in my head on how the story will go. Even brief plans with the Steven Universe movie after I get everything before it done. 

Safe to say that none of the gems in the room were able to place a finger on me, thus making it so that I would not have to teach my little disappearing technique to any of them. It was rather cruel that I put them in such an unfair circumstance, but if I were to just up and give the diamonds a whole teleportation ability, wouldn't you think that'd make things a little more.. wait. 

I paused in my musings and swung my feet off the pillar I was sitting on. It was my chosen hiding spot because none of them ever decided to look up, a failure on their part and a humorous thing on mine. 

Though back to my original thought. Would giving all of the diamonds the ability to teleport be something that would make the whole story that would happen later on more interesting, or would it do the opposite and make it so that unprecedented things could happen like I was previously concerned with? Maybe I could make it so that it wasn't as long-range as mine was so that it wasn't as overpowered as teleportation already was. 

"Hm.." I hummed. Tapping a finger on my chin as I rested a hand on the pillar and looked upwards at the ceiling. The paintings that I designed really tried to distract me as I did so. 

Also seeing as the diamonds had varying personalities that would be pretty concerning if they were real, which in this case they are, so knowing that if I wasn't able to change their personalities for the better and knowingly giving them that ability and then something drastic happening. It made me hesitant. Very hesitant. As I've said before White was someone who the show made out to be a bit of a psychopath, or at least her being able to control every single gem and make them talk as if they were her and showing them to a young Steven was anything less than psychopathic. That made me originally cross her out as a possible candidate, I still had to work with her on a lot of things. 

Then there was Blue. She was very emotional, and the fandom made her out to be some sort of closet yandere at some points if memory served right. So.. cross her out too. 

Now pink? I wasn't so sure. She was the youngest, most naive and the most uncaring in the grand scheme of things. Even if the show tried to make her out to be some sort of good person by defecting from the authority and leading the rebellion on earth, her actions beforehand were very controversial. So I guess that's her out of the question as well. 

Citrus? I could definitely trust her with the power. I don't think she'd ever try to do something that would harm me or any of the other diamonds, rather doubt the idea of something along those lines forming in her head in the first place. But I wanted this to be something for the diamonds, I'd give her something later in return. 

Finally Yellow, she did a few things that were weird, yes but then again she sort of reminds me of Ironwood from RWBY, despite the fact of the show writers completely destroyed Ironwood's character in the later volumes of the show, he was a genuinely good guy. Yellow is the most militaristic and calculating of the diamonds really made the comparison more reasonable and with her personality, I think that she could have that same mindset of wanting to protect what's nearest and dearest to her. 

Then again her anger management would need some work in the future..

"Alrighty then.." I muttered with a small nod. Not paying attention to my surroundings as I made my final decision over the matter. I was sure that I wasn't going to be found so I let my guard down.