Complications

I winced as the situation devolved into an argument. At the start it was more of a one sided argument with Citrus really doing all of the talking, but it turned around as soon as White Diamond grit her teeth and pushed herself up onto her feet. She stood a head taller than Citrus in this form and glared down at her, though it wasn't much of a deterrent as the latter simply shook her head and continued ranting. 

uh.. 

There was something that suddenly popped into my head that I didn't even notice I was forgetting, it only ever occurred to me when I was looking over the gathered gems in the room that one of the Diamonds wasn't present. Which was Pink. It seemed that I glanced over her lack of appearance in the midst of all the sudden confusion and conflict. So I turned my head away from the argument and looked through the walls to my side, seeing nothing but empty halls and rooms, I squinted my eyes and glanced even further. 

I surprisingly found her sitting by herself in the center of my garden, laughing to herself as she used her own powers to manifest pink plants amidst my own. 

That was the only good thing happening at the moment.

I placed both hands on my forehead and thought about how exactly I was going to proceed with this, because White literally almost shattered - well, I almost shattered my Gem by channeling all of my power into this body. But it was still because of White Diamonds strange power she pulled out of nowhere. I really had no idea as to what she did to me in that moment, nearly turning my whole body the same color as her skin and seemingly taking over every single bodily action. 

I froze time as I pulled up the Steven universe Wiki on my arm again, shaking my head as I clicked on White Diamonds tab and scrolled through her information before landing on the section titled "powers". I looked over the paragraphs listing off her really interesting abilities before I landed on something that made me purse my lips, tilting my head as I read the name a few more times, I then sighed. 

"Of course she has a mind controlling ability! because why not?" I said to myself with a sigh before dematerializing the wiki and crossing my arms against my chest in thought. 

It didn't even really seem like a mind controlling ability, it was literally feeling like she was taking control of every fiber of my being. So that was something I was going to have to take into consideration going further because now that I had the firsthand experience of what her powers could do when she wasn't in control of them, I really needed to step up my game. 

I shook my head and looked over to where my gem was, only to see that it was no longer on the floor and instead it was in the hands of Blue Diamond, both her hands carefully cupped around my gem as she looked down at it with concern. Yellow Diamond was also closely standing next to her with her arms spread out, her body was facing Blue but her head was looking over to where Citrus and White Diamond were arguing. Her frozen expression was also full of concern. 

This was going to be something to bring up in the future family reunion, for sure. 

I floated down to where Blue Diamond stood and took my gem from her hands, giving her another brief look before floating away and looking down at the very fragile state of my diamond. Little pieces of it fell off as I lifted it from my hands and floated it up in front of me, placing my hands on my hips as spun it around. Yeah, this diamond was on the cusp of being completely shattered.

"Okay... let's see what I look like," I said while snapping my fingers. The diamond shook for a moment before it shone a bright white light, completely engulfing the diamond as the bright light morphed and shifted until it was in the form a short figure. It then made a little 'pop' before the light dispelled and I was staring at my very destroyed body.