It's really for the best

(tw: idk, something ^ - ^)

Annabeth POV:

"Everyone is gonna play a game, swear to abide by the rules.
No.1: tell the truth.
No.2: follow through.
No.3: no judging unless it's part of a round.
Swear on the River Styx then we can have fun." Leo said, desperately trying to lighten the mood. Everyone had been out of it so, fuck it. We might die in a few days, we might as well recklessly have fun.
•–•–••–•–••–•–••–•–••–•–••–•–••–•–••–•–••–•–••–•–••–•–••–•–••–•–••–•–••–•–••–•–••–•–••–•–••–•–••–•–•

"Okay, Jason, truth or dare?" I ask.

The Argo II is on the way to Athens. Stupid dirt face thinks she can stop us teenagers.

We are unstoppable balls of hormones.

Percy got back and insisted he was fine, but is that a surprise? *Shocker, he was not fine.

Nico and Reyna were quick with getting the statue to camp. They're still negotiating, Reyna and Chiron. Nico came aboard and said that we were gonna need another helping hand. He also took an interest in Percy, which I can understand seeing as they have a shared experience.

First few weeks he got back he was insisting that nothing happened. *He was lying.

But he started to open up over time, even more when Nico arrived. Leo insisted that we be normal teenagers for a night and play teenage games that happen in every movie.

But the movie sucked. Books were much better, even the author agrees.

"Mhh, dare! keep it interesting!" he answered with a sly smile, he's up to something. Ever since Leo came back Jason learned how to be mischievous. It's awful by the way, but two can play at that game. All the memories compiled of him, and the thing that comes most prominent:
"Okay, try to juggle 3 things of the group's choice." I stated with a smirk.

"STAPLER, BRICK, AND PIPER!!!"
That was interesting. It involved screaming, I couldn't tell if Piper was screaming or if it was a brick. He almost got a free lip piercing though! He should thank me, free things are good.

"Okay, um, Percy," Jason said winded, tired from juggling. Leo complimented his biceps before he continued,"truth, or dare."
"Um dare I guess?" Percy replied, unsure.

"Ugh, everyone's picking dare." Jason said with an annoyed tone, I forget if he got a dare to act like a childish brat for an hour, or if this is how he usually is.
Come on, we've all bashed on Jason at one point! He is just a straight, white, blond, lean, cis man.

"Okay then truth?" Percy said, sarcastically appeasing to Jason's whines. This is great leverage. I'm gonna keep a record of this so one day I can go, 'Jason! Buy me an ice cream or I'll tell all the campers when you played truth or dare.'

"What's the worst thing anyone's ever done to you?" He asked with a huff. If he could blow a strand of hair off his face he would. But his hair is too short. It half covers his ginormous forehead. We bully Jason mentally, it's almost impossible not to! Like when you see a little kid trip and fall. What? Oh yeah, so Jason asked a question.

Percy immediately paled, retracted to his thoughts. Him pale is so weird to me, I've just always been used to his darker toned skin. He is often thought to be tan, but that's not the case. He simply mixed. It's still always puzzling to me, I can never describe it well. But the combination of features are pretty, not handsome, pretty. More feminine, contrasting himself though. He is slender, and if he had longer hair you might mistake him for female. Like, Luke was handsome. Percy's pretty. Clarrise called him Prissy for his petite figure. Some forms of my ADHD is going into too much depth or detail. I describe things more than they need to be described. But there's never enough to say about Percy. It's just a never ending story. There aren't enough words to describe every detail I take in. I can never find the right words, despite knowing so many idioms and adverbs, poems and psychology, studying everything. I just can't.
He doesn't want to answer, told by the twiddling of thumbs desperately trying to relieve anxiety. We're under oath. My head is still roaring thoughts through the dead silence. Why did we even agree to this? I don't remember ever really thinking it was a good idea. I don't remember agreeing. But it happened.

"Um," Percy started, his eyes turned glassy as he tripped on his words "when I, my, um my st-step dad, hurt me. He also killed people."
Dead silence.

A/N:*desperately try's to update everything and ends up rewriting it and takes every chapter down so it will still make sense and it doesn't get too confusing but still manages to fail*

Ehehe, so about that...
We're just restarting I guess. Dropping the entire trans!percy thing, you'll see soon...
Also, imagine Annabeth as the beautiful actress who will play her, who deserves none of the hate she gets for not being 'Annabeth' enough.
She is Annabeth.
Annabeth is smart, curious, prideful, kind, a leader, ambitious.
She is not 'white, tan, blond, skinny, grey eyed, tall, muscular.'

She is a person, not an object. Stop looking at the Annabeth we know based on the physical description we got.
We know her for Wise Girl, not, blond tan girl.
Racism is stupid. I hate it. I'm rewriting this with the Annabeth we will know, who is the Annabeth we've always known.