Self care

Possible TW(?) idk what I would title it as though
Annabeth POV:

Its been a few days since we played the game.

Lemme tell you, the awkward silence lasted for hours. No one's brought it up, thankfully. I mean, what would you even say to that? He never told me and I can't help but feel like I did something to make him feel like he couldn't tell me. It's so bizarre, like the Mandela affect. Everyone remembers it, but it could just as easily be a fever dream. See, for mortals and straight white people with no mental health issues, it's funny that people remember the man from monopoly having a monocle.
For demigods it could mean a powerful force is fucking with them. And those with an unstable mind might come to the conclusion that their mind is fucking with them.

Maybe mental illness is a sign of being a demigod. The ADHD, paranoia, feeling like you don't belong, insomnia, hyper focusing. That would be an amazing breakthrough. I'll have to conduct a survey... what were we talking about? The Mandela affect, right.

"Should I cut my hair?" Percy asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. Damn it I was being philosophical.
"I mean, if you want to. I don't know." I responded. He can be so silly sometimes.
"I-I'll be right back. I got to check something." He said shakily.
"Huh? Where are you going?" I ask him, my voice echoing off the walls of the Argo II.

He didn't respond, walking over to the deck.
"Seaweed Brain, please, tell me." I called as he jumped off the railing, into the sea.

————————————————————————

After around fifteen minutes of me pacing back and forth across the wooden platform, I felt the air get cold.

Eidolons?
No.
Jason?
No.
Khione?
No.

Who is it? Should I turn around? Should I grab my dagger?
I swiftly jump back, giving me time to see what is behind me and time to evaluate if my weapon is needed by spacing apart.

Whenever evaluating, start from the bottom. If it were to be a god, you could see the glow reflected off the ground. If a monster, they might kill you if you look them in the eye. If a humanoid enemy, immediate eye contact can cause rash panic.
If friend, you can identify their shoes or posture.
When I explained this to our group, Leo and Percy both asked, "So they won't feel weird as we evaluate their grippers?" Then proceeded to fist bump.

I felt a smile creep onto my face as the memory held me like warm arms on a cold day.

The feeling melted away once I saw the Convers decorated with blood in front of me.
My eyes made their way up to meet messy black hair that looked purple under the shine of the sun, hiding the boy's eyes. In his hands was a hastily written note.
He wasn't saying anything. His eyes ,now just barely visible because the wind pushed some hair out of the way, glazed over.

"Percy?" I said as soft as I could.
His slim fingers trembled on the note, like he wanted to preform an action but didn't have the willpower.

My hand slowly approached it, he displayed no protest.
The black ink on the paper bleed through to the other side.
If only your blood satisfied me earlier, they might still be here.
You've failed your family Perseus.