One morning this sadness will fossilize

Annabeth POV:

I can feel my heart beating my lungs into a bloody torn bundle of ligaments and clots. Ew. I would normally curse out my head for making such visceral depictions, but these circumstances warrant it to some extent.

I hate to admit when things puzzle me. When I don't know the answer straight away. It might make people question. I'm the one who always has a plan, right? The situations that I don't have plans for frustrate me. Showing me every mistake I made. If it were a trap, which is my only theory at the moment, then the output would have come much earlier. Monster's are impatient. So are other beings. Kronos wanted to be back as soon as possible, so he rushed and flawed his plans without the double check. I hate it. I hate the feeling, like waking up paralyzed. You can't move, but the need and compulsive urge makes you forget about the fact that you can't move but only about the task on mind.

"Percy." I said as I looked over to him. His eyes were glazed over, dull, staring to nothing. He's breath is slow and scarily stedy. He is not acknowledging me whatsoever. Okay, think. My mind is fucking blank. What the fuck man. Mondays suck.

My anxieties constantly harassing me, making my train of thought seem like the insufferable buzz from the feedback of audio.

Seriously Chase? You're able to analyze data of fucking Mondays, think of complex analogies, but you can't think of a goddamned plan? He is in a state of shock. The feeling of seeing your own body in front of you that remains still. I need a plan, I need to move into action. If this were a trap the enemy would realize that their intentions were revealed, compromising their ability take actions.
But he left where the ambush would've taken place. Or maybe they wanted someone down before attacking the ship?

Car. Car. Fuck yeah, car. I need to get him to the car, then drive to camp. I have a driver license? No. Shit. Percy has one, but he doesn't seem ready to drive. I don't even know how to drive. Taxi wouldn't get here fast enough. Maybe his subconscious will be able to handle driving? Is that possible? You have to focus on what's going on, fuck.

Shock is a medical term that can be physical and mental. A decrease of awareness, or confusion. Low blood pressure. Pale appearance. Etc. I'm not a doctor, but I did hang out with Will who would ramble constantly.
You would think that using shock to shock someone out of shock would solve the shock. Shockingly it doesn't.

Percy, who now looked like he was breathing almost at a steady pace. If someone is not responding, you usually want to keep them in a place that is cold, in case they overheat. Getting inside is smart, inside also can make people feel safe. Secure, you could say.

Grabbing his hand was all the guidance needed to he followed me.
"What?" I heard a shaky voice ask.
"Hey, let's get inside, okay?" I tried to reassuringly ask without bringing other subjects back. Last thing we need right now.
It's fine. Everything is fine.

"What's going on? Are you feeling okay, wise girl?" Damn it, he couldn't see the issue whatsoever.
"I'm fine, let's just get going. Are you feeling okay though? You said that you felt dizzy." I feel guilty for lying, but ya' know, gotta gaslight gate-keep and girl-boss to keep the situation from escalating.

"Oh, I'm fine!" Damned cutie dragging the conversation on.
"Do you remember anything?" I wanted to slip a sly smile as a callback to Hera sending him to Camp Jupiter, I held it in though. Not the time Chase, let's be a bitch later.

Kids at home, learn from Jason: read the room and don't be a dick.

Some of us know when to be a bitch or and asshole or a moron or a dick or a boob, Jason is not one of those people. We really make Jason the butt of every joke. It's impossible not to though. It's funny. Maybe it's bullying, but it's only used in callbacks to situations where he was like the anonymous user that posts on Reddit; Am I The Asshole for throwing a glass bowl at my daughter because she is anorexic?

That might have been mean, sorry Jason. We're mean to him, we should try to be nicer, but we won't succeed.

"Um, yeah. I remember getting to my house and..." Percy said.

"You, went to your house, yeah. I actually don't feel very good, I think I might have a cold. I'm really tired, I'm sorry for saying I felt fine earlier. It's my first instinct and I wasn't really thinking." I said with a nervous laugh turned subtle cough.

He must be really fucking disoriented because he bought it.
Annabeth-motherfucking-Chase, everyone.
(Hire me.)

"It... it's all my fault. They- it- she hurt them. They're gone forever and it's all my fault." He said softly.
I feel sick. "Percy, what-"
"She killed them, Annabeth. I-they were dead. She killed them because of me. It's all my fault. I never got to say goodbye. They're dead. Gone, forever."

I feel like I'm swallowing glass. I can't breathe. Like there are needles in my lungs.
It's so unfair. This isn't just a game where you can go back a few saves. This isn't just a story where you can never read the next chapters. This is our life. Our reality.
We can never go back.
I had to say something, anything. "Percy, it isn't your fault. It was her. She did this. We'll win. Your mom went to Elysium, I'm sure of it."

A/N: Hehe. So...
I kinda killed Sally.
And Paul.
And Estelle who was still in the womb.
Look, I'm simply setting up backstory but it's the whole story because there will be no sequel.

Anyways, time for my nightly 'angst fic rage rant'
All of the abuse stories that are pretty legit and realistic, or as realistic as it can be while still sticking to the universe of cannon, are like all mortal AU.
Like, no. If I wanted to hear a teenager be angsty I would text one of my friends.
All I want is angst but with like, sorta, oh yeah, they have to juggle this and things trying to kill them 24/7.

If you like or make Mortal AU's, no hate. Just please, more cannon angst.
BYEEEEEEEEEEE!!