Chapter - 1

This is a bit of a departure from the dizi, the Aptekin character was rather unpleasant from the beginning, so why not run with it?

And thank you to reader valnkh for the recommendation on this avenue! I hope you like it, please let me know!

***********************************************************************

Aptekin Bolat was a coward. Not only was he a coward he was a bad father and a terrible husband. In business he thought that he was ruthless, but what he saw as ruthless was actually dishonest, unethical and sometimes criminal. Those were the tactics that he had followed his entire career.

When his son, Serkan Bolat, graduated as a young architect and was heading into the business world Aptekin tried to lure Serkan into the holding, Serkan refused. Aptekin tried guilting Serkan into the holding telling him that Alp wanted them to be in the holding together. Serkan refused again plainly telling his father that his brother was dead and to refrain from bringing his name up since he never bothered to care for him when he was alive.

When Aptekin thought about it, he really didn't like Serkan, he was everything that Aptekin was not. He was honest, hardworking, loyal, well respected, brilliant, handsome and chased by women. Oh Aptekin was chased by women because he had money, he let them catch him too. But Serkan had morals, he didn't mess around, he had ethics and standards and no respect for his father.

But what does Serkan do? He gets himself involved with this Eda Yildiz woman, possibly one of the most beautiful woman Aptekin has seen. And she has just as many morals, standards and ethics as Serkan does and what's more he actually loves her. Love, what does a Bolat have to do with a foolish thing like love, it is fleeting and not to be trusted or valued.

But then Ferit Simsek brings him information one day, someone has been digging into Aptekin's dirty deeds from years ago where a young couple was killed. He thought that he had buried that story deep, but no, someone had to find it. And who was that young couple? None other than the parents of that young Eda Yildiz. Oh Serkan, let's see how your so called love survives a crisis like this. Aptekin couldn't wait to knock Serkan off of his pedestal.

Serkan had finally convinced Eda that they needed to tell their families that they were together for real, he was tired of hiding their love. He Serkan Bolat at age 29 had fallen in love; truly, madly, deeply, without reservation. Body, mind and soul, with Eda Yildiz, and the best part was that Eda was in love with him, body mind and soul. He remembered the first day he saw her, yes her body was amazing, but her eyes, he couldn't stop looking into her eyes. Deep pools of chocolate.

He was an idiot with his fake contract, he didn't need the contract, but after the kiss he needed to keep her with him, he had to think of something. The kiss at the press conference was like electricity, tongue and teeth and lips and passion for over two minutes. If someone had asked him his name he couldn't have told them it, when the kiss was over he could only stare into her eyes. They mirrored the emotions that he was feeling. They danced around their feelings for weeks and finally, finally he stopped being an idiot and declared his love for her. He couldn't lose her. If she had gone to Italy he probably would have shut down and died, the thought of losing her sent him into a panic that he couldn't control.

Serkan had dropped off Eda and was going to announce his relationship to his parents, he wasn't even nervous.

"Anne, baba. Good evening. I just wanted to share some news with you. Eda and I are in a relationship, a real relationship this time." There, he had done it!

Aydan was perplexed, "Serkan, I thought that she was going to Italy to pursue her education."

"Anne, I convinced her to stay with me for two months, then I will move with her and open an office of ArtLife in Italy and work remotely while she finishes school."

"Serkan, are you sure? Weren't you going to talk to Selin?" Aydan asked.

"No anne, I have never been interested in Selin. You may have been interested in her as a daughter-in-law from a partnership perspective but I have never cared about her nor really wanted to be in a relationship with her. I was relieved when she broke up with me. It was all I could do to kiss the woman on the cheek."

Aptekin said, "What do you know of this woman's family."

"Why does it matter? I am not marrying her family, I am marrying her. I love her with all my heart. Please be happy for me for once in your life."

"Son, we hope that you will take your time in this relationship."

"Anne, I would marry her tomorrow if I could. I will see you later, good evening." Serkan left his parents.

Aydan was genuinely perplexed. Eda was a good girl, she has been lovely to Aydan and she knew that Eda had a very good heart and that she loved her son. Aydan hated to admit it but she always knew that Eda loved Serkan.

"Well Aptekin, what do you think?"

Aptekin just smirked, "I'll talk to Serkan tomorrow, he won't be so cocky then."

"Aptekin, what are you up to?"

He ignored Aydan and walked to his study. This wasn't new, Aptekin always ignored her. Seyfi came into the room.

"Seyfi, I don't trust him. I mean I never trust him, but this time I really don't trust him. I think he is out to hurt Serkan and I don't know what to do."

"Aydan hanim, just be there for Serkan bey, that is all that you can do."

Serkan drove to Eda's house, "Eda? I have told my parents, have you told Ayfer hanim?"

"I have, she wasn't thrilled, but I told her that I truly loved you. She wants to talk to you, but I'm going to come down first, I at least need a hug and a kiss or two before we deal with her tamam?"

Serkan would never, ever say no to Eda's hugs and kisses. He pulled up and saw her sitting on the stairs. When he stopped the car she ran down and waited for him to get out.

"Hurry before she comes!" She giggled as she threw herself into his arms and lifted her face for his kiss.

They were just getting into the rhythm of it when they heard Ayfer hanim clear her throat, "Serkan bey."

"Ayfer hanim, good evening." Serkan wrapped his arm around Eda and went up the stairs to face the Mardin music.

Two hours of grilling from Ayfer hanim later, Serkan and Eda decided to take a short walk in the neighborhood over to the stairs where Eda had given Serkan his birthday gift. They sat side by side holding hands.

"That was pretty brutal Eda. I deserve something for it."

"Like what Serkan, a handshake, a pat on the back?" Eda was laughing, "You didn't have to count all the canned goods in the kitchen and then arrange them alphabetically!"

They both started laughing. "I should get you back before she comes looking for you."

Serkan stood and pulled her to the shadows where he could get a hug and more kisses. "Eda, what do you say to some alone time? Just you and me?"

Eda bit her lip nervously, "Er, Serkan, I've never."

He whispered to her, "Me either."

That shocked her, he had been Selin's boyfriend for years. "But you were Selin's boyfriend for years."

"I wasn't attracted to her. Ever. She is a friend, more like a business partner. She might be into me but I am not into her. If you hadn't noticed, I am very into you. Very."

Eda had noticed that he was hard against her stomach, she found it thrilling. She might be a virgin but she wasn't clueless. "Let's see what tomorrow brings."

The Lies of His Fatherजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें